Help! Drivers door wire problems... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Help! Drivers door wire problems...

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-02-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
99NHWrangler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Angry Help! Drivers door wire problems...

It was mentioned in another thread that the wires in the door can become an issue over time causing certain problems.
Our 99 is now not seeing that the drivers door is closed and when we fiddled with the wires that go between the door and the vehicle we now have no interior or dash lighting unless we turn the column switch all the way on.
Any ideas?
Also, where is the "switch" that knows when the door is open or not?
Thanks in advance
Steve

99NHWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2011, 05:59 PM   #2
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99NHWrangler
It was mentioned in another thread that the wires in the door can become an issue over time causing certain problems.
Our 99 is now not seeing that the drivers door is closed and when we fiddled with the wires that go between the door and the vehicle we now have no interior or dash lighting unless we turn the column switch all the way on.
Any ideas?
Also, where is the "switch" that knows when the door is open or not?
Thanks in advance
Steve
Yes there is such switch. Surch my thread interior light problem. Its the security alarm door switch, you Will find pics and part number in that thread.

Sent from my Iphone4
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2011, 06:25 PM   #3
99NHWrangler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

This thread?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/i...roblem-202061/

Not sure this is the right thread as I still don't know where the door switch is located and I don't see any posts by Thomahawk, so if you could find and post a link to that thread I would greatly appreciate it
99NHWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2011, 07:18 PM   #4
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Part number might be P/N 55136557AA door security alarm switch.

More in my build thread, also in my profile you can see my threads.

Sent from my Iphone4
image-3994755869.jpg  
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.