Help on assembling under the hood 2001 Grand Cherokee Laredo v8 4.7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Help on assembling under the hood 2001 Grand Cherokee Laredo v8 4.7

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Corbeau Seats & Harness from CCOR!Bds suspension discount

Unread 12-21-2011, 08:17 AM   #1
AFrnswrth

Help on assembling under the hood 2001 Grand Cherokee Laredo v8 4.7

I have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo v8 4.7 and recently has some engine problems, I took it to the dealer and they said that the valve seat fell into the #2 piston and damaged the head beyond repair and they wanted $6000 to just put a new engine in it since it has 175k miles on it. Instead of doing that I decided to repair it myself and just put a new head on it (the cylinder and piston were fine no damage done there only the head) So I took it home to find they did a very sloppy job of disassembling the engine compartment. The took off the front bumper, engine mounts, etc.

Is there anyway to find a guide on how to reassemble everything under the hood or could someone please tell me? I am wanting to get my Jeep back up running before the snow and ice hit for the season.

I already bought all the parts I need (new cylinder head, head gasket set and water pump gasket.)

Thanks in advance!

AFrnswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 08:54 AM   #2
phase888
2007 JK Wrangler 

Call me old fashioned but I like having paper copies of manuals, I always pick up a Haynes or Chiltons for any car I own. I've found the one for the Grand Cherokee to be quite useful and much more handy for me than relying exclusively on internet sources or disk based manuals in some cases.
phase888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 09:53 AM   #3
crabass28
2007 JK Wrangler 

i just did this last year and i agree with phase888. get a hayes manual. and if your in to it this far do your timing chain and oil pump as well. if your in a grage take the hood off too. makes life alot better. if you have any questions feel free to PM me
crabass28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

haynes and chiltons are pale imitations of the factory service manual. if you need hard copies, print them out and keep it in a binder.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.