help 24 mpg to 9 mpg - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > help 24 mpg to 9 mpg

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-16-2013, 08:42 AM   #1
LIMITEDwoLIMITS
2003 WJ 

help 24 mpg to 9 mpg

So i have an 03 with a 4.7 with my 2 inch lift i did new plugs fuel filter all new bushing tres alignment cleaned the tb and sensors and i was getting 24mpgs. At my last command i did upper and lower arms and trac bar. Motor and trans mounts rotors brakes and went up to 255/75/17 on moabs and i dropped down to 9 mpgs. I tried running bp premium and a cleaner and i still only get 9. Any ideas?

Unread 09-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #2
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Brakes are probably dragging. But don't expect any better than 15 mpg with a lift and 32s.

Also, if you are using the overhead console for MPG, don't. They can be as inaccurate as 50% off, mine is about 30% off and I'm on stock tires.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 09:26 AM   #3
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Not trying to cause are argument but I doubt you ever got that MPG.....more than Jeep claimed for it when new even for a standard vehicle! As Billz said you need to tank full to tank full measure to get accurate results.......maybe your EVIC has suddenly got accurate!
Unread 09-16-2013, 11:32 AM   #4
LIMITEDwoLIMITS
2003 WJ 

Ill have to check next time i fill then. When i was stationed in ms i ran 18-24 and when i got to VA i run 9-12

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.