Hello and WJ CRD Tech problem - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Hello and WJ CRD Tech problem

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 09-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #31
worth
2000 WJ 

Sounds eerily the same!!

Just found this thread from the AusJeep site (have registered but awaiting admin permission to post).....

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=122864

Starts off in different direction, but then...... it is almost identical issue to mine....same fault codes (they have a few more than ours) they go through same process.... get ECU (PCM) tested as okay but doesn't rectify faults.... end up buying new one....solves problem!!

Any thoughts? Appreciate its a long one to read

Theres no way I'll stick a new ECU on...just not worth it. Anyone here able to flash a second hand one /know a way around fitting one?

Thanks, D.

worth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #32
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by worth View Post
Just found this thread from the AusJeep site (have registered but awaiting admin permission to post).....

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=122864

Starts off in different direction, but then...... it is almost identical issue to mine....same fault codes (they have a few more than ours) they go through same process.... get ECU (PCM) tested as okay but doesn't rectify faults.... end up buying new one....solves problem!!

Any thoughts? Appreciate its a long one to read

Theres no way I'll stick a new ECU on...just not worth it. Anyone here able to flash a second hand one /know a way around fitting one?

Thanks, D.
There are companies, here in the states, that re-flash them and exchange them, and so forth. There was one on eBay, and someone said there was another somewhere else, can't recall, but definitely cheaper than new. You might start there.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 01:24 AM   #33
worth
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick View Post
There are companies, here in the states, that re-flash them and exchange them, and so forth. There was one on eBay, and someone said there was another somewhere else, can't recall, but definitely cheaper than new. You might start there.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
Thanks, will have a search..... Did you guys have the CRD version over there? Wondering if that would be an issue dealing with states?

Dan
Unread 09-19-2013, 07:23 AM   #34
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by worth View Post
Thanks, will have a search..... Did you guys have the CRD version over there? Wondering if that would be an issue dealing with states?

Dan
They dont get the CRD over there...........no need when fuel is virtually free! But there are people this side of the Lake that repair and/or reflash variouis ecu,s. They will hopefully be able to test it to see if that really is the problem too.
Unread 09-19-2013, 08:01 AM   #35
worth
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia View Post
They dont get the CRD over there...........no need when fuel is virtually free! But there are people this side of the Lake that repair and/or reflash variouis ecu,s. They will hopefully be able to test it to see if that really is the problem too.
If you know of one that would be great.... The ECU has been tested /passed as okay by these guys (as had the one in the AusJeep thread)...... http://www.ecutesting.com/

All a bit frustrating!
Unread 09-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #36
86cj74.2L
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

They are probably using a huntron tracker to test the PN junctions and the CAPs.

They can pass that and still fail under load.
86cj74.2L is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 07:47 AM   #37
clive
2002 WJ 

Hi
I had a same problem with my 02 CRD and found the fault to be a cracked vacume pipe that runs from the top of the bulkhead down to the clip near the chassis rail and back up to behind the air filter housing. the pipe cracked at the clip
clive is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.