Heater problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Heater problems

December Specials at Jeephut.comROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kits

Unread 09-19-2011, 03:48 AM   #1
foxy1305

Heater problems

I am hoping someone has a solution. My heater air con is working fine on manual and auto. However I cant get any air out of any of the ducts, other than a trickle. The fan runs fine at all sppeds and reacts to a change in temperature but moving the air outlet dial makes no diffrence as to where the air comes out. I hear noises from the dash as though the flaps etc are moving but nothing. Has anyone expierienced the same?

foxy1305 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2011, 06:28 AM   #2
dutch724
2002 WJ 

If the air is coming out the defroster on the dash then you have a vacuum leak. If it is not doing that, then you have the normal blending door issue. which means you need to pull the dash to fix all the doors in your HVAC system.
dutch724 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2011, 08:50 AM   #3
foxy1305

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch724 View Post
If the air is coming out the defroster on the dash then you have a vacuum leak. If it is not doing that, then you have the normal blending door issue. which means you need to pull the dash to fix all the doors in your HVAC system.
Just a mild flow from all areas irrespective of control positioning, so assume the latter. Time consuming I am sure but is it an expensive repair?
foxy1305 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2011, 09:03 AM   #4
dutch724
2002 WJ 

I have heard the cost is between $800 and $1200 and it takes about 8 hrs to do the job.
dutch724 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2011, 09:21 AM   #5
BigD_44
2002 WJ 

^^^^thats assuming your dealer does it for you, it's a fraction of the cost to DIY

it's not that expensive to fix, it'll just take you a full day of pulling the dash

http://www.wjjeeps.com/hvac_sub_assembly.htm has all the parts and a good outline of how to go about it
BigD_44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2011, 10:04 AM   #6
HondaPeople
2001 WJ 

It does cost that much--because of the labor involved. I'm about to drop that kind of money on my Jeep to have the heater core replaced.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.