Heated Wing Mirrors... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Heated Wing Mirrors...

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 11-02-2011, 04:55 PM   #1
MadderThanMax

Heated Wing Mirrors...

On The UK Based 2.7 CRD WJ'S are both wing mirrors heated and do they both have the heating element sybols in the corners? Just Curious as I only have the heating element displayed on the passengers wing mirror, the drivers side has nothing. I am aware that they only heat up when using the rear demister.

Any one??

MadderThanMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2011, 05:15 PM   #2
Jesse685
2000 WJ 

Not UK based but here are my thoughts. The driver side would be heated if only one was. Most likely both are heated but the side without the symbol has had the mirror replaced at some point. Behind the mirror lies a heater element film, so the mirror can be replaced with anything that can fit the opening. My pass. side mirror was replaced with the new one being glued directly on the broken mirror so as to not possibly damage the heater element by prying off the broken mirror. Makes sense or not? J.
Jesse685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 02:02 AM   #3
MadderThanMax

Yeah, that's what I thought. It looks as though the wing mirror has been replaced although not stuck on like yours.
MadderThanMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 08:12 AM   #4
AngryScientist

my drivers mirror is heated and has the symbol. just another data point for you.
AngryScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 08:44 AM   #5
Geo-Nemesis
1999 WJ 

both are heated and photochromatic
they heat up with the rear defroster
IRO 4" w/front LCA&UCA, rear LCA, D.T. 8000 shocks//JKS disconnects//Rancho RS5000 SS//Overland skid plates//HID 35W 5kK[low beam] HID 55W 5kK[high beam]//home made twin front D-ring shackle mount//1.25" wheel spacers//K&N drop-in air filter +more
Geo-Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 09:28 AM   #6
awiaccar

I replaced my drivers side mirror with an aftermarket one from rockauto.com (brand tyc). It is heated, but does not have the symbol on the glass. Must be cheaper to leave the symbol out. The heating element works great.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.