Heated seat recall- anyone have experience with this? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Heated seat recall- anyone have experience with this?

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 10-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #31
higshemi

Easy there Sherlock. What other thread are you referring to? Google led me to this thread. Care to post up a link.

higshemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2013, 08:24 PM   #32
sixmikey9
2003 WJ 

Had mine done a little over a year ago. Dealer did recall and did a nice job. They even detailed the interior for free! I was impressed. The seats are definitely not as hot as they were, but they do work. Overall glad to not have to worry about them catching on fire. Now I just gotta finish up my tranny rebuild. It's always something with this thing! Lol
sixmikey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2013, 08:27 PM   #33
bh_04WJOL
2004 WJ 

I just had the heated front seats replaced under the recall on my 04 WJ Overland. Brought it into a dealer in CT and they replaced them no issues. My lights on the heated seat buttons dont work now though
bh_04WJOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 06:56 AM   #34
porrsher
1994 ZJ 

This recall you gentlemen (ha!) speak of, cover particular years ? I have an '02 Overland.
161k Bone Stock
2008 Black JK Sahara Unlimited (Love it!)
porrsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 07:12 AM   #35
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

Had mine done a year ago. They looked over my entire jeep for free, informed me about some stuff I was unaware of to save me some $$$ and sent me on my way. Was very happy with their service.
elcorvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #36
Bandit84
2004 WJ 

I had mine done two weeks ago. Works better then ever. Still gets pretty hot after 5 min.
96' ZJ Limited 5.9 mods 242 T-case
Bandit84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #37
Archy88

Looking to buy an 04 Limited WJ. I took it for a ride today and I didn't notice the seat get warm aside from my body heat. I'm going to check them out again but I have a feeling this might end up @ the dealer quickly after purchase. I'll check to see if I can see any hanging wires, etc first
Archy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 07:05 PM   #38
PetrolPete
2002 WJ 

Neither of my two front seat heaters worked when I bought my WJ with 80K on it.

I removed both leather seat covers and saw that both sides had a section of the insulated wire burn/melt off, causing the foam to burn slightly. This was also why the seats weren't working. I replaced the burnt wire, and my seats get hot enough that I have to turn them off. Even in below freezing temps.

I can see how in some cases the foam would have caught fire and it was def a hazard. It's an easy fix if you are looking to DIY !
PetrolPete is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.