Heated seat recall- anyone have experience with this? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Heated seat recall- anyone have experience with this?

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-02-2009, 07:45 PM   #16
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Talk about pain? I dont even have heated seats! I freeze my butt off in the morning!

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2010, 10:39 AM   #17
jayzee503

I took my Jeep in for the heated seat recall in 2008. They replaced the driver's side, but said the passenger's side was fine. This morning I opened the door and the whole passenger side of my truck and the entire roof had caught on fire from the seat!!! Thanks a lot Jeep!
jayzee503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2010, 11:59 AM   #18
04gclimited
2004 WJ 

i had mine replaced under the recall just last month. my driver seat didnt work before. but now after they fixed it it works awesome. i guess i cant compare to before because they didnt work, but i did notice they didnt clean up their mess. foam all over the floor.
04gclimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2010, 12:53 PM   #19
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayzee503 View Post
I took my Jeep in for the heated seat recall in 2008. They replaced the driver's side, but said the passenger's side was fine. This morning I opened the door and the whole passenger side of my truck and the entire roof had caught on fire from the seat!!! Thanks a lot Jeep!
With safety recalls , they should fix them reguardless if there is an issue or not , recalls are to prevent others from having issues because of factory defects . EX: Toyota is recalling millions , 99.9% of them never had an issue .

You should lawyer up on this one !
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2010, 09:00 AM   #20
Secesh

My wife had the recall done when it came out. Now she's getting notices of a recall on the recall. What did they screw up? We're wondering if it's a problem to worry about now that the warmer weather is here. Can it wait until fall?
Secesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2010, 02:26 PM   #21
straty1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secesh View Post
My wife had the recall done when it came out. Now she's getting notices of a recall on the recall. What did they screw up? We're wondering if it's a problem to worry about now that the warmer weather is here. Can it wait until fall?
it can wait but if you have the time to drop it off and get it done get it done. because when you want it it they might go out.

the recall is due to some people get a extremely warm sensation and they the elements stop working
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #22
mikehe

i recently had the 2nd recall done on my 2004 grand cherokee. the first recall was a complete success but after the 2nd recall the seat heaters do not put out any heat on low and on high the heaters are hot in the center and cold on the edges of the seat. the bottom line is the fix is totally unacceptable. i recommend not getting the recall done.
mikehe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #23
Schlotzky
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehe View Post
i recently had the 2nd recall done on my 2004 grand cherokee. the first recall was a complete success but after the 2nd recall the seat heaters do not put out any heat on low and on high the heaters are hot in the center and cold on the edges of the seat. the bottom line is the fix is totally unacceptable. i recommend not getting the recall done.
Next time take a look at the date when you post in a thread, this one has been inactive for nearly 3 years.

That said, my Jeep had the recall done as well, and Low is virtually inoperable, and High is about what Low ought to be. My last car's seat heaters were about 10x more effective.
Schlotzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 11:24 PM   #24
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlotzky View Post

Next time take a look at the date when you post in a thread, this one has been inactive for nearly 3 years.
Eh, probably better than starting a new one, plus with all the activity it had, it will most likely show up in a forum search easier.

However, I have to agree with both of you. It really seems they neutered the heat output of the drivers seat with the latest recall 'fix'.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #25
fastrr
2004 WJ 

I had my recall done yesterday on my recently purchased WJ. I can not tell if the seats are heating up or not. Granted it is warm out but the previous heaters worked great. I am thinking that either the dealer screwed something up or the things barely put out any heat.
fastrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #26
lazyWJ
2002 WJ 

I've heard that the heaters they install on the recall are barely noticeable on low. You should feel it on high though, on a hot day it should give you sweaty balls and be a little uncomfortable.
"Bought, Not Built"
lazyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #27
fastrr
2004 WJ 

Well I went it sat in both seats with the heater on high for about five minutes. The drivers seat I felt no heat on the bottom or backrest. The passenger I felt heat on the backrest only. I looked under my drivers seat and there is two connectors not connected to anything. The passenger I could see as well. The dealer I took it to is pretty bad and this reconfirms this. It seems that the dealer didn't do the recall incorrectly. Service is crap!
Unread 10-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #28
higshemi

Hey guys, my 03 passenger side seat almost caught fire yesterday. Smelt something burning, didn't know if it was coming from car in front of me or what. Out of the corner of my eye I saw smoke rising from underneath my jacket that was sitting on pass seat. Did some searching and found out about the recall. My question is, will the dealership replace my leather from the burn mark? And if so, think I could talk them into replacing drivers side leather as well. Not that my leather is overly worn, but I just think its gonna look silly with an old and new seat cover.

Fred
higshemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #29
bmandubj10
2003 WJ 

I waited till mine stopped working. Took mine to Whitten Brothers Jeep in Ashland Va. They did and good job and work great! I have no complaints.
- 2003 WJ Limited 4.7L 4x4, 3 inch IRO coil lift with Bilstein shocks, OME .5 inch spacers, adjustable IRO Track Bar. Beefy Tenneco Steering Stabilizer. 32 inch General Grabber AT2's, 5000k DDM Tuning HID lights. Magna Flow Cat-back exhaust system. Rola safari rack. IRO bump stops. Kevin's Offroad 2 1/4 A-Arm spacer.
bmandubj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #30
braddf
2001 WJ 

A lot of people complaining about their jeeps catching on fire. All only posted once in this thread and none in any other thread. Interesting.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.