heated seat problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > heated seat problems

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 03-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
gold01wj
2000 WJ 

heated seat problems

Hello im new to posting on this forum, but have been using it for information for about a year.
I have an 01 grand cherokee limited that i just finished the blend door/heater core job...
Its all back together and the heated seats dont work. The leds in the switches light up but neither seat will heat. They worked fine before the dash was removed. Ive checked the breaker on the junction box, the gounds, power to plugs in the bottom of the seats... ive used a few threads on here as well as the wj jeeps seat page as a guide but am at a loss. I dont think its the elements because everything was fine before i took it apart.I used the wj jeeps write up for the dash removal/heater box work

Thanks for any help!!

gold01wj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #2
narnwv

2000 WJ 

I bet a harness was left unplugged. Pull the piece of the console that has the switches, and the A/C panel, WITHOUT unplugging anything, and look around for any disconnected plugs.

narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2013, 05:21 AM   #3
IGotAJeepAnyway
1999 WJ 

Heated seats were available as an option on a 99 Laredo if it was optioned all the way up, right?
IGotAJeepAnyway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2013, 05:48 AM   #4
gold01wj
2000 WJ 

Thanks narnwv! I never pulled anything apart in that area but i do suppose its possible that maybe a plug could have seperated on reassembly of the dash. I will check it out this afternoon. I read on another forum yesterday that the brown wire with the white strip at the body side of the seat plug should have 5 volts for the thermistor...i dont have any power at that wire on either seat plug. Maybe the person who posted that info ddnt know what they were talking about tho. Ill look into the a/c console plugs and see what i find...if any one else has ideas im all ears!!
Thanks again
Unread 03-06-2013, 08:22 AM   #5
gold01wj
2000 WJ 

I pulled the heated seat switch panel,ac control panel and radio last night. Everything is still plugged in tight. The computer bus wire on the back of the radio is tight...i saw nothing that looked even remotely suspect. Still no heated seats tho.its annoying the heck out of me not knowing what i did to cause this...anybody have any ideas?
Unread 09-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #6
gold01wj
2000 WJ 

I'm digging up my old thread because I've never been able to solve this issue and after searching around on this forum and a few others I've found no answers... An update is that over the last 6 months I've left the driver switch on. And intermittently and completely randomly they will work. When they do work it's only as long as that ignition cycle lasts. As soon as I kill the ignition switch they go dead again for another few weeks or so. The switches for the heated seats work flawlessly while they are working as well. I only loose operation with the ignition switch.They will just come on randomly while driving down the road never when I first start it up...I'm stumped!!!
Thanks guys
Unread 09-16-2013, 05:13 PM   #7
Duh

Sounds like one of your heating mats has an open that is getting squished back together on occasion from the person sotting on it. If you dont mind hog rings, take the cushion off and i bet youll find a black spot along it somewhere.
Duh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2013, 06:48 PM   #8
gold01wj
2000 WJ 

I would agree accept... i don't get the 5v supply power from the bcm to the heated seat module under the seat... All worked fine before the heater core blend door job. Also the passenger seat heater only works when the driver seat does.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.