Heated Seat Problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Heated Seat Problem

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 12-14-2010, 02:13 AM   #1
TORMULA
2000 WJ 

Heated Seat Problem

Hi,

Both my heated seats seem to have stopped working at the same time. Its not a fuse as the everything else on the same fuse works OK.

I believe both seats go through the same circuit breaker, but is this only for the heat? or is this for the motors too?

The motors are all fine and the memory function is also working fine.

If the circuit breaker is out would I still get the hi/lo lights on the switch?

I dont want to start pulling the dash out to get to the circuit breaker if any of the clues above suggest that its not the problem.

Any ideas?

TORMULA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 07:43 AM   #2
volvite
1999 WJ 

This website will be your friend:
wjjeeps.com

Here is the link about the seats: Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ - Power and heated seats

Read towards the bottom for troubleshooting. Hope this helps.
volvite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2010, 11:30 AM   #3
h0tr0d18
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I am having the same issues, had them from day one ( 6 months or so now ) It's cold as hell and the leather that seemed like a good idea in the summer is now terrible with -40 weather LOL. It's like sitting on an ice cube. So as reading the repairs on WJJEEPS if the Ohms are not in spec then I either need to pull and repair the elements or replace? What if they are in spec, they don't expand there from what I saw.
h0tr0d18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2011, 11:12 AM   #4
h0tr0d18
1987 YJ Wrangler 

To the top
Unread 01-05-2011, 11:17 AM   #5
theskier74
2001 WJ 

im having the same problem, and for xmas, my dad bought me replacement elements i think they are. direct from MOPAR. they are the things that stick to the seat(from the inside) and plug directly into the system. i havent put them in yet but i think im gonna have the dealership do it cause i have no idea how the tear the seat apart without making it look like crap
Unread 01-06-2011, 08:30 AM   #6
h0tr0d18
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I found a link somewhere on the seat removal and element repair, maybe WJJEEPS?? To take the seat covers off it looks quite simple and I had mine half off with the seat still in the Jeep. Removal of the seat is required to do it correctly and that only take 5 or ten minutes with the proper tools.

What did the old man pay for them?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.