Heat/AC Blower works just no air? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Heat/AC Blower works just no air?

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 07-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #31
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedKM View Post
Im having the exact same problem. Some say if your cruise control doesn't work then its because you have a vaccum leak. But mine works but just no air. I switched the polarity on the plug also but it still had no effect. I also reset the azc system via the fuse and still no luck. My next plan is to take out the motor and see if anything is blocking the passage.
If you have an AZC system, it is electronically controlled, not vacuum. Did you do a search for blend doors? Someone else complained when I gave a link for www.blendorstore.com but I never had a problem with them and it helped me understand everything. Also, heatertreater.com, etc.

SORRY, DIDN'T LOOK AT THE DATES.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #32
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjm9818 View Post
My issue was I replaced the motor controller 8 mOnths ago and installed the redesigned part. The fan worked but as I stated above no air came out. I even ordered s new controller and same thing. My only option was to use the old controller with the new harness plugged into the three pins sticking up from the board and put it back that way.

It has worked fine since then but last week one of the pubs broke off the board so that's when I decided to try the new part. I even went to the dealership yesterday to see if there was a different part but he came up with the same thing.

My blend doors and Recirculator door were replaced a few years ago so I'm pretty sure that's not the issue.
If you are pulling error codes 52& 54, you definitely have blend door problems. i believe those errors mean door travel too large, which means the blend door is not moving.

SORRY, DIDN'T LOOK AT THE DATES

Unread 07-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #33
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
Any updates on the fix for this? I am having the same problem. I can change from heat to cool, I can hear the fan running but not a whole lot of air coming through the vents up top.
I am working on a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Did you put the new blower resistor kit on it? If so, from what other posters have said, the new kit has a heat sink with prongs that are longer than the original. If you have that, reverse the black and red wires. It will make the fan run faster. See recent threads concerning this.

Unread 07-11-2013, 08:36 AM   #34
MelRock
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick View Post
Did you put the new blower resistor kit on it? If so, from what other posters have said, the new kit has a heat sink with prongs that are longer than the original. If you have that, reverse the black and red wires. It will make the fan run faster. See recent threads concerning this.

Yes I did put the new resistor kit on and that is when the air stopped flowing full speed through the vent.
Thank you and I will give that a try today.
MelRock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 08:14 PM   #35
MelRock
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Thanks again and that did get the fan blowing more air. My problem now is that the motor will not turn off. Any help anyone can give me would be appreciated.
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:25 PM   #36
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelRock View Post

Thanks again and that did get the fan blowing more air. My problem now is that the motor will not turn off. Any help anyone can give me would be appreciated.
Did Narnwv help you any? I was watching a YouTube video:
YouTube (Short URL)
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
and was thinking it could be your relay.

Unread 07-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #37
MelRock
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Did Narnwv help you any? I was watching a YouTube video: and was thinking it could be your relay.

I found out the problem. I was switching the wrong motor wires or should I say the wires on the wrong side of the resistor. Everyone talked about the red and black wires and the only red and black wires I had went back to the battery. The wires that went back to the motor are green and black on my resistor. I switched those out and it works perfect now.
Thanks for your help!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.