Heat/AC Blower works just no air? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Heat/AC Blower works just no air?

Save big with ExtremeTerrain.com's Top Spring Mods Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Restorations, Mild to Wild! CCOR

Unread 12-21-2011, 08:38 PM   #16
bjm9818

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedKM View Post
Please let is know how it goes. But they will probably just tell you your muffler bearings are going bad. Their *******s.
I had the muffler bearings replaced last year at 105k. How ling are they supposed to last? I hope more than 10k miles.

Actually last spring my jeep died on the road and had to get it towed back to my house. I pulled the code and it came up with crank case/shaft positioning sensor(one above the starter). Long story short rusted to block so had to drill it out/ replace oil pan to get at the rest of it...... Still didn't work.

Towed it to a jeep dealer(gary Barbara ) and after three weeks they said your engine is blown. Had AAA tow it to the pep Boys near my house because they wouldn't tow it to my house for free. Was planning to put it in the garage and part it out but figured for $89 why not let PepBoys take a crack at it. Ended up being the crank shaft position sensor. Needed s new starter also but for $500 they saved my *** big time. That location earned my respect.

I'll let everybody know how things turn out.

bjm9818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 05:17 AM   #17
BigRedKM

Gary barberas? Where at are you located and im about 2 minutes from there
BigRedKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 08:21 PM   #18
BigRedKM

Bump. Update for a fix?
Unread 12-24-2011, 03:59 PM   #19
bjm9818

Quote:
Bump. Update for a fix?
Just picked up the car from PepBoys. They sat on it for 3 days then told me they wouldn't touch it because I had loose wires all over. The loose wires they were talking about were the three wires feeding the Blower Motor resistor that were melted and I cut off and crimped with Ancor marine grade connectors to the new Mopar wiring harness.

I might have to take it to another dealer on Monday? Anybody have any other ideas??

Big Red I live in downtown Philly but the pepBoys was by my parents house in Bucks County.
Unread 12-24-2011, 04:49 PM   #20
BigRedKM

Ah sweet man. Im in north east philly. Hit me up some time when you wanna wheel. Theres a place up in bensalem
Unread 12-24-2011, 05:58 PM   #21
amremt408
1998 ZJ 

i only have codes 54 and 56... i checked my recirc door and it i functioning properly. how do i fix these codes? are these one and the same as the blend door issues? or am i going to be required to take the entire dash out? is it possible that resetting the system could cure this?
amremt408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 06:15 PM   #22
Rocklobster
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Maybe you heater core and evaporator are plugged ?

04 WJ 4.0-242-4"RC lift(for sale)-32" Bridgestone Duelers on JK 18" stockers
Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 06:47 PM   #23
amremt408
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster
Maybe you heater core and evaporator are plugged ?

04 WJ 4.0-242-4"RC lift(for sale)-32" Bridgestone Duelers on JK 18" stockers
I don't think so, I get hot/cold, just very slowly, I can hear the fan working hard, but the air won't come any faster... I'm fairly confident it's the blend doors now

2004 WJ... OME HD coils, Bilsteins shocks, JKS adj track bar, MOOG SS, ADDCO rear sway bar with ext., Bridgestone REVO 265/70/17.
Unread 12-25-2011, 05:55 PM   #24
BigRedKM

Also i noticed i can get hot air on my side and cold on the passenger. So im pretty sure its not the blend doors. In starting to think its actually the resistor
Unread 12-25-2011, 09:39 PM   #25
bjm9818

As I stated earlier. When the resistor stopped working I replaced it with the new part. Got the fan to work but no air. When I rigged the old resistor with new harness things worked fine. I also think it's something with the resistor.

I'm dropping it off at the dealer tomorrow so I'll post a update when I hear what they have to say.
Unread 12-25-2011, 09:42 PM   #26
bjm9818

Quote:
Ah sweet man. Im in north east philly. Hit me up some time when you wanna wheel. Theres a place up in bensalem
Sure. Didn't know they had some trails open up there. The way my luck has been going might bring my '02 F250 diesel. Have a great seat of 315 fierce attitude tires I'm dying to get broken in
Unread 12-26-2011, 12:31 AM   #27
amremt408
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjm9818
As I stated earlier. When the resistor stopped working I replaced it with the new part. Got the fan to work but no air. When I rigged the old resistor with new harness things worked fine. I also think it's something with the resistor.

I'm dropping it off at the dealer tomorrow so I'll post a update when I hear what they have to say.
I replaced my resistor piece as well, with the new one with the larger heat cinks... the blower works, but it's not coming full speed through the vents. I have been doing further reading and I guess we are supposed to "reset" the system anytime work is done to the hvac system. By removing a fuse? and maybe another step... Did anyone happen to do this? I'm wandering of this may remedy what I got going on... Thoughts?

2004 WJ... OME HD coils, Bilsteins shocks, JKS adj track bar, MOOG SS, ADDCO rear sway bar with ext., Bridgestone REVO 265/70/17.
Unread 12-26-2011, 06:57 AM   #28
BigRedKM

Nope. Resetting did not do the trick. I did this multiple times via the fuse and battery with no luck.

Also there trails arnt really "open" bit it is however a local wheeling spot. Was down there about 3 weeks ago. Awesome spot. But unless your ford has 35s i don't think it will fit through the entrance. Very tight squeeze. With my mirrors folded my tires rub as i go through the two trees
Unread 12-26-2011, 06:42 PM   #29
bjm9818

I just got the car back from Reedman/Toll. They said both the Blend & Circ doors are shot. 1200 labor plus parts and labor to fix. Since I already had somebody do this back in 2007 I'm not going to ge bent over twice. Tomorrow I'm going to drop the blower fan and try and man handle the door above it.

If that doesn't work looks like I have a small project ahead of me ripping out my dash. Anybody have the step by step play on doing the correct blend door replacement? I know there are quicker fixes but I'm to anal to cut holes in my glovebox and beyond for a 1/2 assed fix.

Glad this summer I decited to sign a lease for a 24x33 two car garage for one of my businesses
Unread 07-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #30
MelRock
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Any updates on the fix for this? I am having the same problem. I can change from heat to cool, I can hear the fan running but not a whole lot of air coming through the vents up top.
I am working on a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Last edited by MelRock; 07-10-2013 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: Added vehicle type
MelRock is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.