Headlight bulbs keep fusing - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Headlight bulbs keep fusing

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 04-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
djwj00

Headlight bulbs keep fusing

I had changed the headlight bulbs (both) last summer around this time. One has fused again. This is the second time since my owning this 2000 WJ 4.0 that bulbs needed replacing so fast.

Where do I start looking?

djwj00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #2
imaguy3
2004 WJ 

By "fusing out" do you mean you're blowing fuses... or the bulb itself is burning out?

If it's the bulb, when you replace them make sure you don't actually touch the glass with your bare hands. The oils on your hand get on the glass, which creates hot spots and leads to decreased service life. I usually grab them by the base with a paper towel, and then wipe them again right before putting in the housing.
Unread 04-26-2013, 02:05 PM   #3
djwj00

yes the bulbs.. hmm time to buy new set ughh
djwj00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #4
imaguy3
2004 WJ 

Also usually the higher the output the lower the life. That's why the long life bulbs last so much longer than the Sylvania Silverstar and the like...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.