Head gasket? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Head gasket?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 02-06-2014, 03:58 PM   #1
mtennwj
2000 WJ 

Head gasket?

So I got a jeep about a month ago and changed the oil the other day and slowly unthreaded the drain plug and a couple drops of coolant came out very little.anyways when I got it the resivor was empty so I filled it upthe first day and topped it off from the add mark the next day and it hasn't used anymore coolant. The oil I drained has sat for five days in glass jars and there is only about a table spoon or so of coolant in the bottom of one jar. It's not overheating ,no milky oil and seems to run fine so I'm thinking a small leak in the head gasket? I would just like some more opinions. Thank you

Forgot to mention it's the 4.7l v8 with quadra drive

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.