Have 4.0 wj w/ 247 can I swap 242ld - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Have 4.0 wj w/ 247 can I swap 242ld

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 09-20-2011, 10:06 AM   #1
Dhall09
2004 WJ 

Have 4.0 wj w/ 247 can I swap 242ld

I own a 2004 WJ with a 4.0 liter and it has a Quadra-trac II nv247. I am planning on installing a locker in the rear axle, but from my understanding if I do so on the full time four wheel drive it will cause the front to bind, if I choose to use an AuSsie locker. I know most choose to use the selec-trac. If I get a 242ld would I have to change drive shafts or modify the transfer case for it to work, or since I have the straight 6 would it be plug and play? If I were to choose an ox locker could I stay with the nv247 or is the performance of selec-trac worth the swap?

Dhall09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.