Halo lights and fog lights - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Halo lights and fog lights

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #16
Shaggs2Dope
1999 WJ 

I've got them fog lights and they're terrible. I cut holes in my rear bumper and installed the original fog lights as auxiliary back up lights in it but I wish I wouldn't because I would put them back up front. Those projector fog lights don't put out any noticeable light. You can turn them on and off and see no difference.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Unread 05-16-2013, 06:50 PM   #17
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggs2Dope
I've got them fog lights and they're terrible. I cut holes in my rear bumper and installed the original fog lights as auxiliary back up lights in it but I wish I wouldn't because I would put them back up front. Those projector fog lights don't put out any noticeable light. You can turn them on and off and see no difference.

So what should I go for ??
Unread 05-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #18
Schlotzky
2007 XK Commander 

Like I said, they look virtually identical, so a picture isn't going to help here. Get the ones that are marked CCFL if you care about how bright the halos are. If you don't, get the standard LED ones for a few bucks less.
Schlotzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 05:49 PM   #19
Shaggs2Dope
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aralph30 View Post
So what should I go for ??
I don't know about the head lights but in my experience don't get those fog lights just keep the oem ones.

Unread 05-17-2013, 10:44 PM   #20
Highschool_WJ
1999 WJ 

I have those fog lights and and I love them, the light output was kinda ****ty at first but then I went and got better hids when the old ones burnt out and they're amazing!
Highschool_WJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #21
reneveah
2003 WJ 

I've installed the CCFL ones but only ran them a day and unplugged the inverters. It's starting to become known the those damn inverters are catching fire and burning people's rides up. It happened to ones car I've seen and they were not even a year old. Screw that il run with no halos
Unread 05-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #22
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

I have the smoked LED ones, p dipped the inside and you can see them in daylight. I also have led running lights and switchback led turn signals. I like them, the light output sucks tho.

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 09:51 PM   #23
reneveah
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ
I have the smoked LED ones, p dipped the inside and you can see them in daylight. I also have led running lights and switchback led turn signals. I like them, the light output sucks tho.
Those are said to be safer and work better. I was under the impression that the CCFL was better but you can easily search the dangers of the inverters catching fire really fast and it's up in flames you go. So I was like hell with that, I'm not run the ccfl halos
Unread 06-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #24
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestrat
I've got the CCFL on mine ...
How many inches is ur lift and how much was it?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.