Halo lights and fog lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Halo lights and fog lights

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 05-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #1
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Halo lights and fog lights

Does anyone have these for their 2003 WJ Jeep Grand Cherokee I want to get them and want done feed back for it!!

image-2013807622.jpg   image-561415261.jpg  
Unread 05-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #2
Schlotzky
2007 XK Commander 

There are a ton of members with those headlights, me included. I'm quite happy with them, though I could do without the halos. FYI, there are two versions of those available (aside from color scheme). One has LED halos and one has CFL halos. If you want the halos to be seen in daylight, pay the extra for the CFLs. The LEDs are only visible when it's dark enough that you should have your headlights on anyway, at which point they're drowned out.

Schlotzky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #3
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlotzky
There are a ton of members with those headlights, me included. I'm quite happy with them, though I could do without the halos. FYI, there are two versions of those available (aside from color scheme). One has LED halos and one has CFL halos. If you want the halos to be seen in daylight, pay the extra for the CFLs. The LEDs are only visible when it's dark enough that you should have your headlights on anyway, at which point they're drowned out.
Which do u have ?
Unread 05-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #4
forestrat
2002 WJ 

I've got the CCFL on mine ...
Unread 05-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #5
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestrat
I've got the CCFL on mine ...
Where did u but them and how much did it cost u
Unread 05-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #6
RobertTF
2001 WJ 

I'm running a set of eBay projectors retrofitted with Morimoto D2S bi-xenon projectors with some Philips 85122 bulbs. Took out the blue LEDs and swapped them for 194 amber bulbs. Great mod and don't look gaudy.

If anyone is interested I have an old set of the same headlights fitted with TSX projectors up for grabs. Show some wear, but I'll make someone a good deal.
photo-1-001.jpg   photo-2-001.jpg  
Unread 05-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #7
forestrat
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aralph30 View Post
Where did u but them and how much did it cost u
eBay .... around $150. I slapped a bead of silicone around the housing just in case.
Unread 05-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #8
Schlotzky
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Which do u have ?
LED. I didn't realize there were two versions until after I purchased and installed mine, or I would have sprung for the CFLs. Just figured I'd pass on the word I wish I'd gotten before I bought mine. I think mine were $15-25 cheaper at the time.
Unread 05-16-2013, 04:28 PM   #9
aralph30
2003 WJ 

I mean for the day time their not gonna be on anyway so should I just go with those ? I the auto setting
Unread 05-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #10
Stephen302
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Wj

What Brand are those? I like them!
Stephen302 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 06:50 PM   #11
Schlotzky
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
I mean for the day time their not gonna be on anyway so should I just go with those ? I the auto setting
Up to you. I have my 6 side LEDs setup to be on anytime the ignition is turned on, and I would do the same for the halos if they were bright enough to be seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen302 View Post
What Brand are those? I like them!
Spyder.
Unread 05-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #12
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Ok so right now with the ones I posted In the thread already they would not be able to be seen in the day time correct??
Unread 05-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #13
OleBustedJeep
2004 WJ 

Those are pretty fcukin sweet! My headlights are shot anyways... Might need to snag a set. Can someone post a link for where tou all got yours? Are they traditional projectors with ballasts and all or what?
OleBustedJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #14
Schlotzky
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Ok so right now with the ones I posted In the thread already they would not be able to be seen in the day time correct??
The two versions look almost identical so it's hard to say, but based on the has marks in the halo, I'd say those are the LED ones, in which case yes, that's correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleBustedJeep View Post
Those are pretty fcukin sweet! My headlights are shot anyways... Might need to snag a set. Can someone post a link for where tou all got yours? Are they traditional projectors with ballasts and all or what?
I just got mine on eBay. I'm assuming most people go that route. These are halogen projectors, so they are not made to HID which is what a ballast would be used for. As is being discussed currently in another thread, they sometimes ARE sold with an HID kit, and they do a relatively decent job of not blinding oncoming drivers, but they are still designed for and function better with halogen bulbs. HIRs are a good alternative (search amazon, 9011) for most of the output of HIDs without the need for an HID specific housing (which requires a spendy and skilled retrofit).
Unread 05-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #15
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlotzky
So should I get these instead?
image-2128635635.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.