Guinea pig new RC Long Arm kit? - Page 34 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Guinea pig new RC Long Arm kit?

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 06-29-2013, 09:35 AM   #496
holydiver89
2004 WJ 

Ill let you know next weekend when I throw mine in with 32" bfgs. If you are adding a 2" on top you should be fine with 33's though if you have offset rims

holydiver89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 10:03 AM   #497
fast540
1999 WJ 

Just an FYI. If u plan to add a bb to 4" springs it may be cheaper just to sell the bb and 4" springs and get 6" springs as you will need limit straps and/or spring retainers to keep all that stuff in. Actually u may need limit straps anyway but a bb and spring will fall out off road for sure. I've dropped a spring and my 3/4" spacer rolled away into the brush. We had 6 people searching for it to get the jeep back together
fast540 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #498
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Rough Country long arm kit, 6.5 springs with 3/4 spacer on front (to level out from added weight of winch)
Actual measured 6.5 over stock height both ends
Limit straps to keep springs from coming off isolators
5 in IRO front bumpstop extensions
RC bump stops on rear for 4 inch kit
Front RC discos, rear stock swaybar
16x8.5 rims, 4.25 BS, 265x75/16 Duratracs
Only trimming is for BW flares; still rub on front bumper flexed/turned

Flexes fine!
img_1245small.jpg   img_1246.jpg   img_1247small.jpg  
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2013, 08:00 AM   #499
Killallblue
2002 WJ 

Only updates I have are after 15k on the lift in the past year the rough country track bar sucks big time the disconnects are really loud and the grease fitings broke off the arms from wheeling
Killallblue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #500
brouwmat
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killallblue View Post
Only updates I have are after 15k on the lift in the past year the rough country track bar sucks big time the disconnects are really loud and the grease fitings broke off the arms from wheeling
I think I have heard that complaint about JKS disconnects as well. I don't know if I have ever heard of an ideal quick disconnect.

What is the issue with the track bar? Did you call them and tell them you were having issues? My experience with them has been really good swapping out parts.
brouwmat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2013, 05:02 PM   #501
berndog67
2003 WJ 

not sure how everyone has problems with the RC joints and disconnects, im over 10k miles now and not one clunk, i do keep them well greased, and ive been thru 3+ feet of water at OFR, to 3 feet of mud at Mettowee, and nearly 2 dozen wheelin trips in between and never one clunk, although u know when they need more grease, because they will make a slight squeaking or pop sound, but long as u grease them plenty the should never wear and cause clunking, but if they do, just buy some new inserts from iro or clayton like i plan on doing when they do wear, because they use a stiffer compund that will last longer, but u still need to keep them greased

Now for the disconnects, i did start to get a slight clunk from one of them after a week, but i stopped keeping them sprayed with this spray lithium grease i have, and after the rubber swelled ive not had a clunk since, now i just spray the inside of the rubber insert, and now clunk free for over 10k miles!

4" RC long arm on 35's
2003 WJ Overland, 4.7HO, D30 & D44A (1 tons going in now!), RC Long Arm, lifted 4" Front 6" Rear, RC 2.2 4" Shocks, JKS track bar, custom hi-steer, 35" Procomp M/T's on JK rims, beefed up Overland rock rails, custom skids and dif gaurds, Rugged Ridge 8500 synthetic winch in custom hidden mount
berndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2013, 04:54 AM   #502
holydiver89
2004 WJ 

X2 on the track bar, I triple checked it and the annoying front end clunking is in the heim joint of the track bar itself. Had this kit for 5k now and only other issue is the jam nut keeps coming loose for the rear axle tri-link joint for some reason and the bump stops seem to be a tad short, i added 3/4" front spacer to counter the winch weight and i've noticed that the long arm mount where the upper arm bolts to lower arm has contacted the unibody a few times slightly. Also has tons of body roll but that's to be expected when adding a 4-6" long arm kit and balloon tires on baby 15" rims.
Unread 12-10-2013, 05:05 AM   #503
holydiver89
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERtorqued View Post
TOPIC: WJ RC 4" LONG ARM KIT + 2" BB SPACERS ON 33" MTR's --------> ANYBODY RUNNING THIS SET-UP?

1.> HOWS THE HANDLING AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS? DOES IT TRACK STRAIGHT? AND DRIVE RELAXED?
2.> OPINION OR EXPERIENCE ----->>> HOW MANY MILES BEFORE THE COIL SPRINGS ON THE KIT START TO SAG? (90% ON ROAD DRIVING, 10% ROUGH ROAD)... NO ROCK CRAWLING
3.> OPINION OR EXPERIENCE ----->>> HOW MANY MILES BEFORE THE CONTROL ARM BUSHINGS WEAR OFF (CREATE A PLAY) ... (90% ON ROAD DRIVING, 10% ROUGH ROAD)... NO ROCK CRAWLING

I VOW DOWN MY HEAD AND THANK YOU............(to be continued)

Not sure if you ever ended up doing anything yet but after I put my 4" long arm in with 3/4" front ans 2" rear spacers, I added the 15x8 Cragar rims with -13mm offset and 32x11.5 BFG's and it takes major trimming to not rub, and with that size tire on such a small rim and tall lift, it's really squirrelly if you get any wicked side winds, or tow, or even start a small fish tail. If you're doing 90% highway like me and I did it all over again, I'd have gone with just the $500 4" RC short arm kit or upgrade to the $700 4" X-flex kit and run 31x10.5 tires. My buddy is running this set up and it looks great, he got the Cragar D window rims with +13 instead of -13mm offset and they stick out just past the fenders, no trimming required, only thing is he had to grind his front calipers down for the 15" rims to fit on, must be something to do with the offset cause I didn't have to do that on my -13mm but it's very tight fit.
Unread 12-10-2013, 05:10 AM   #504
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by holydiver89 View Post
Not sure if you ever ended up doing anything yet but after I put my 4" long arm in with 3/4" front ans 2" rear spacers, I added the 15x8 Cragar rims with -13mm offset and 32x11.5 BFG's and it takes major trimming to not rub, and with that size tire on such a small rim and tall lift, it's really squirrelly if you get any wicked side winds, or tow, or even start a small fish tail. If you're doing 90% highway like me and I did it all over again, I'd have gone with just the $500 4" RC short arm kit or upgrade to the $700 4" X-flex kit and run 31x10.5 tires. My buddy is running this set up and it looks great, he got the Cragar D window rims with +13 instead of -13mm offset and they stick out just past the fenders, no trimming required, only thing is he had to grind his front calipers down for the 15" rims to fit on, must be something to do with the offset cause I didn't have to do that on my -13mm but it's very tight fit.
I am on 265/75-16 tires at 6.5 in, and cross winds don't affect me much at all. I feel the wind more in my wifes stock Saturn Outlook.
May be the taller side walls on your tires, but your rim is definately not "too" narrow for those tires.
Mine are also "E" tires so they have stiffer sidewalls.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
rc , rc longarm , rough country , rough country long arm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.