Guinea pig new RC Long Arm kit? - Page 30 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Guinea pig new RC Long Arm kit?

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #436
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post

Yes and no;

It is an a-arm, but has a different bracket on the rearend and a flex joint there the same as the lower arms.
Rear mount point is raised about an inch over stock.
Front mounts are same style as stock.
Right...ok so very similar to the IRO a-arm?

PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2013, 08:38 AM   #437
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWJ View Post
Right...ok so very similar to the IRO a-arm?
yes
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2013, 01:14 PM   #438
berndog67
2003 WJ 

so much for getting the long arm kit on completely, got the last box today and missing the front upper pieces and that x-flex spanner tool, almost cut the mounts off to be ready for them when they were supposed to be here today, anyone else have anything missing yet or is this just my luck again?
2003 WJ Overland, 4.7HO, D30 & D44A (1 tons going in now!), RC Long Arm, lifted 4" Front 6" Rear, RC 2.2 4" Shocks, JKS track bar, custom hi-steer, 35" Procomp M/T's on JK rims, beefed up Overland rock rails, custom skids and dif gaurds, Rugged Ridge 8500 synthetic winch in custom hidden mount
berndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #439
Gunnison
2002 WJ 

Regarding rear driveline vibrations after lift installed. I have moderate DS vibs over about 45mph both accelerating and decelerating.. I set the adjustable arms to the lengths RC suggested at tri link at 7 3/8 and lower arms at 34.5". with an angle finder on the underside of the diff closest to the yoke I show about 12-14degrees. Ok, for those of you that have the 247 (all time) T-case with the stock slip yoke and drive line.........were you able to dial out all of the driveline vibrations, and if so what arm measurements or angle worked for you? I am not looking forward to spending a day of trial and error in adjusting and test driving so I am hoping to shortening curve!
angle-comp.jpg  

Previous Jeeps: 57 Willys, 74 J-10, 76 J-20, 80 CJ7, 91 XJ, 97 ZJ, 97 TJ, 00 TJ, 06 LJ Rubicon, 2010 JK Rubicon 4dr.
Gunnison is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #440
berndog67
2003 WJ 

measured mine before i started putting on the long arm kit, front was 6 degrees and the rear was 13, i know there not ideal, but thats what 4 inches on stock arms will get u, and i have no vibrations at any speed, so im hoping to have none after i finish the long arm, but we'll see

oh and if u guys have any problems, rough country is awesome to deal with, there over-nighting the things im missing, so im hoping to get it all done tomorrow after all!!
2003 WJ Overland, 4.7HO, D30 & D44A (1 tons going in now!), RC Long Arm, lifted 4" Front 6" Rear, RC 2.2 4" Shocks, JKS track bar, custom hi-steer, 35" Procomp M/T's on JK rims, beefed up Overland rock rails, custom skids and dif gaurds, Rugged Ridge 8500 synthetic winch in custom hidden mount
Unread 05-08-2013, 11:33 PM   #441
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Pinion should be at same angle as driveshaft, assuming you have the double cardan on the trans.
Unread 05-09-2013, 07:10 AM   #442
SKI_VT
2000 WJ 

To anyone who had the Kit installed by a hop,
How much did you guys pay??
Unread 05-09-2013, 07:15 AM   #443
ezflip
Theme Park Dinosaur Head

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI_VT View Post
Plan on at least 8-10 hours of labor, probably more. At an average of $65/hr, you're looking at least $500-650.

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread
ezflip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #444
aleet25
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI_VT
I had two shops in GA quote me $1000 to install because of all the extra work( cutting off OEM mounts, etc.).
aleet25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #445
00grandbrick
2000 WJ 

Thats the same quotes I got. My advise pay the money and make sure to pay attention to the alignment when they are done.
00grandbrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #446
aestrad1
2000 WJ 

if you were closer id install this for a 30 pack! well maybe not, but id be willing to help
aestrad1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #447
berndog67
2003 WJ 

buttoning up the back half today and let me tell u guys a huge tip for the flag nuts, do not use needle nose pliers, use small visegrips, that way u cant drop them and can pull towards u to make getting the bolts started easier, also when the rear half, do the top links first, and the bottom links last, and do the axle side of the bottom links first then the bracket end last, because its much easier to move the flex joints to get the bolts through then the press fit bushings on the axle side

also for everyone who is worried or hesitate on the quality or strength of the RC long arm, dont worry its comparable to IRO, in fact its nearly identical in most ways, course the Clayton one is stronger, but only due to the square links, and welding of the brackets, but if u bend the iro or rc links then your def wheeling alot harder then most of us who wheel a couple times a month

going out for a long two days of wheeling tomorrow and sun, so ill post up if i get any problems, but i dont foresee any clearance or flexing problems, did the cutting of the front end last week, and out back i only needed to roll the inside edge of the fender up and cut the bumper a half inch, now im running no bumpstop extensions in the rear and 3 inch bumpstop extensions up front til i flex it out and make sure i can take them out without tearing anything up, pretty sure i can get the 32's fulled stuffed, but want to make sure im not cutting them on anything up front, out back they clear everything perfectly
Unread 05-19-2013, 02:52 AM   #448
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Dumb question maybe, but why are you posting in the RC LA thread about your IRO 3 in lift?

And if you plan to drive that over bumps or turn the wheel much, you'll be trimming quite a bit off both ends of both wheelwells.
Unread 05-19-2013, 06:36 AM   #449
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADCJ8 View Post
Got most stuff done... I will for sure have to trim some but only in the front rear and the rear front... And of course I'll will have to trim the new bumper cover when I put it on... I also have to put the rest of the front back together with a new Radiator, A/C Condenser, Trans Cooler, Header Panel and Grill...

Wow it looks great but I hope the roads are smooth and straight where you live or your metal grinder is going to be put to a lot of use on those front and rear fenders...up to the flair line at least I would guess.
Wish it was legal to have the tyres stick out from the arches that far where I live.....looks great but would get me pulled in the first day in the NAZI state I live in!

BTW we have the best colour!
Unread 05-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #450
1BADCJ8
1982 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
Dumb question maybe, but why are you posting in the RC LA thread about your IRO 3 in lift?

And if you plan to drive that over bumps or turn the wheel much, you'll be trimming quite a bit off both ends of both wheelwells.
I'm sowy did I hurt your feelers for posting here? Because I wanted to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia View Post
Wow it looks great but I hope the roads are smooth and straight where you live or your metal grinder is going to be put to a lot of use on those front and rear fenders...up to the flair line at least I would guess.
Wish it was legal to have the tyres stick out from the arches that far where I live.....looks great but would get me pulled in the first day in the NAZI state I live in!

BTW we have the best colour!
Yeah as I said in my post I will be trimming for sure which is no big deal to me, I don't care much about that... Its not done just posted a few picks. Any way, I will do the trimming as needed for sure. As for them sticking out there isn't any problem with that here, It would be a bummer to live somewhere that doesn't allow it, I agree with that all the way...

Tags
rc , rc longarm , rough country , rough country long arm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.