JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   WJ Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/)
-   -   Guinea pig new RC Long Arm kit? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/guinea-pig-new-rc-long-arm-kit-1384588/)

conkatonk 06-23-2012 04:07 AM

Guinea pig new RC Long Arm kit?

I may be lookin to get the new RC long arm 4" lift kit...

Not sure if anyone else has done it, and if not, I may be willing to Guinea pig the kit myself and let you all know how it works out.

It may take me a bit to gather up the funds since the kit is 1500$

But I am interested in figuring out whether or not the kit is worth it.

what do yall think?
If anyone has the kit installed, please let us all know!

Thanks!

PhantomWJ 06-23-2012 05:17 AM

Not one WJ owner on here has posted that they have it, yet.

Go for it.

ezflip 06-23-2012 05:56 AM

I'll have it in August. I'm away from home until then. Certainly, if you.get.it before then, let us know what you think.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using JeepForum

skain8 06-23-2012 06:11 AM

Someone do it already!

Timbo24 06-23-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skain8
Someone do it already!

I will be the guinea pig if you guys lend me $1000;) haha

Sohcvtec1995 06-23-2012 11:49 AM

I should have mine being added to my 6 inch lift in about 2 months.

MrJayDeeM 06-23-2012 05:04 PM

I thought about getting a long arm upgrade for my short arm in near future... Kit looks nice and beefy. Only thing I might would do is weld around the new control arm brackets on the frame rail after bolting on though.

Merc1973 06-24-2012 11:30 AM

If the x-flex joints suck then you can replace them with Johnny Joints at any time.

tsneath 06-28-2012 09:20 AM

Mine has been on order from them since June 18th was suppose to be here yesterday but they turned the shipment around. So they must be having problems with the kits. Just talked to them again this morning and no one seems to know what is going on.

ezflip 06-28-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsneath (Post 13788948)
Mine has been on order from them since June 18th was suppose to be here yesterday but they turned the shipment around. So they must be having problems with the kits. Just talked to them again this morning and no one seems to know what is going on.

Thats kind of a harsh assumption. There are a million reasons shipments get turned around. Especially shipments of that size and that many boxes. I work for fedex so I see this all time. It could be that one of the boxes was damaged along the way so the shipping company contacted the shipper and they opted to have it returned to them rather than getting delivered to you with damaged parts. That is just one (and the most common) reason for a shipment to be turned around.

adavis39 06-28-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsneath (Post 13788948)

have you contacted the shipper. seems like they should be able to provide a reason as to why it has been sent back. I doubt RC turned it around due to a sudden report of issues with the kit. but who knows

tsneath 06-28-2012 09:40 AM

Yes i have talked to roughcountry several times first they said it was because it had 3 of the same boxes in the order. Then they told me it would ship out last night or first thing this morning. Now they do not know what is going on with the wj kits and I am waiting on a phone call back. We sell are a shop in Kansas that have sold and install ton of rough country lift kits and have no complaints about them just don't like to get the run around on stuff just be straight with me.

ezflip 06-28-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsneath (Post 13789046)
Yes i have talked to roughcountry several times first they said it was because it had 3 of the same boxes in the order. Then they told me it would ship out last night or first thing this morning. Now they do not know what is going on with the wj kits and I am waiting on a phone call back. We sell are a shop in Kansas that have sold and install ton of rough country lift kits and have no complaints about them just don't like to get the run around on stuff just be straight with me.

A lot of times with situations like this, the customer service guy has no idea what is going on until the shipping department gets things squared away. Give it a day or two to work itself out. RC's customer service is top notch in my experiences with them, so I am sure they will take care of you as soon as they can. Sucks you're getting a run around, but they can only tell you what is in their computer at the time, which was probably getting changed by the shipping department as they were looking at it.

PhantomWJ 06-28-2012 10:04 AM

So, who is getting the kit? Is this for the shop to resell or is it going on the truck?

tsneath 06-28-2012 10:21 AM

It's for my personal jeep. I've been wanting to get another grand cherokee and when I saw this kit came out it was a good excuse to go get another one. :)

The time now is 10:21 PM.