Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Grand Cherokee Leaking Antifreeze?

7K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  McCloudsZJ 
#1 ·
As you may have seen before I recently had a water pump go out on me, and replaced that along with my lower radiator hoses. Everything was all fine and dandy, but recently as it has started to get cold, i have been receiving the "low coolant" code on the HUD. I filled the antifreeze and searched everywhere for the source of a leak, loose hose, etc, and found nothing. Now recently i've noticed that after starting it from cold and driving somewhere that when i turn it off it will leave a puddle of antifreeze, just continuously dripping but i can't see anywhere where its coming from. Also, it wont drip while its running and doesn't drip while turned off after the engine has warmed up (like after the cold start and turn off) I'm very confused as to what this could be and was wondering if any of you have had this problem or any clue to what it could be

#4 ·
I had the same problem after i changed my water pump, but i also changed my thermostat and that was the source all though i couldnt see where it was, i tightened it up a 1/4 turn and that stopped it, might help hopefully

#8 ·
I had a slow leak that only leaked when the cooling system was under pressure. I tried to find the leak for a week before I gave up and just replaced the radiator, thermostat, and hoses. That fixed it for me.

#10 ·
Probably... Unless it's the top hose or the radiator cap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.