Grab a cup of coffee and a comfy chair... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Grab a cup of coffee and a comfy chair...

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-04-2012, 05:42 PM   #31
Dasko
2001 WJ 

Yea that sounds like a great idea. Booze jeeps grub and pictures. Sounds like a recipe for awesomeness.

YEEPmobile

2001 WJ- SOLD

[QUOTE=mrJ]It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.[/QUOTE][/CENTER]
Dasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #32
Soggybrain
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrkyman View Post
keep in mind your old jeep is probably sagging, new springs shocks and isolaters can add over an inch with stock components.
When i put my 2.5 inch lift on the 04 grand 3 of my stock shocks were bad i didnt even notice the sagging.
Soggybrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #33
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Rear BB puck does not replace the rear isolator. The isolator goes between the spring and the puck.

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 06:54 PM   #34
2001WJv8
2001 WJ 

interesting, on the bb i had it specifically instructed not to use the rear/upper isolator .... so ymmv

figured it was because that isolator is basically just a spacer anyway, and stacking spacers/pucks = no bueno
Unread 08-05-2012, 10:07 PM   #35
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

To be honest my daystar lift from fat bobs had me put the spacers on the bottom... Not the top. So i dont know what bb you got. I still used the top isolator, if I didn't it would be spring on metal. Thats not good either. The rear puck was even indented for the rear bottom isolator to fit on top perfectly.

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
Unread 08-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #36
Cr3nshaw
2000 WJ 

Alright guys, one last request for this topic. I'd like to be able to put a list together with prices shopping cart style. Does Kolak have a website to do this from or is he just a parts guy?

I looked through the vendors and didn't see anything site specific to his name but maybe I'm missing it.

Any help would be appreciated, I'd like to stick to as close to one source as possible, especially if we're only talking saving $20-30 by splitting up my ordering.

Thanks again, guys.
Cr3nshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #37
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

No website for him, just message "Kolak" and he can send you quotes. He has a phone # too if you ask him. I'm waiting on bilstein shocks from him now. Can't wait to get them!

Unread 08-06-2012, 01:08 PM   #38
Cr3nshaw
2000 WJ 

Thanks, ZB.

So here's my list before I get with him;

Kolak's 2.5" lift:
2.5" Polyurethane spacers
Shocks (any recommendations, keeping in mind I want to maintain, as much as possible, the comfy feel/ride of my stock setup)?
Trackbar (adjustable JKS)
Steering stabilizer (Monroe as Kolak suggests or OME as another user likes, thoughts?)

I'm not sure what tire/wheel combo I'm going with yet, I really like the chrome 5 star wheels that came on the Limiteds of the same year - at least that's what I see them on. But I'm not sure how those would look with a beefier tire, and then that's the next thing, I'm not sure how beefy I want to go. Lol, sorry guys - I need to spend a day just looking at photos with them on the Jeeps. It's hard to imagine what it might look like from a thumbnail.

Also, I came across this, is there anything I should be looking at ordering among these goodies? I could probably have guessed aftermarket tie rods, so I'll go ahead and plan on that. Anything else?

JKS Quick Disconnects
JKS Super Nerfs
JKS Tie Rod
Bump Stop Extensions (See post #5 on my updated thought on bump stop extensions)
OME HD SS (Old Man Emu Heavy Duty Steering Stabelizer)
Tom Woods front Double Cardan (@ the Transfer Case) / U-joint (At the pinion) drive shaft with the standard 3" of slip travel.

Lastly, anyone who ends up getting together as a result of this, I'll owe each of you a grand drunkenness. And full bellies, definitely full bellies.
Cr3nshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #39
2001WJv8
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr3nshaw View Post
Thanks, ZB.

So here's my list before I get with him;

Kolak's 2.5" lift:
2.5" Polyurethane spacers
Shocks - Bilstein
Trackbar (adjustable JKS) - get the KOR (kevin's offroad) harder durometer bushings too
Steering stabilizer (Monroe as Kolak suggests or OME as another user likes, thoughts?) (or you can get KOR's SS, or even the dual if you want, but not needed)

Also, I came across this, is there anything I should be looking at ordering among these goodies? I could probably have guessed aftermarket tie rods, so I'll go ahead and plan on that. Anything else?

JKS Quick Disconnects (only if you plan to wheel often, if you do watch tire size for rubbing w/ only 2.5")
JKS Super Nerfs (again, only if you're really going to wheel or want a step - KOR sells nice ones too)
JKS Tie Rod (? you shouldn't need one ... if you need new TRE's, then moog)
Bump Stop Extensions (See post #5 on my updated thought on bump stop extensions) (don't need these)

Tom Woods front Double Cardan (@ the Transfer Case) / U-joint (At the pinion) drive shaft with the standard 3" of slip travel. (how much serious offroading are you doing? probably won't need this depending on your intended use, but with only 2.5" .....)
just my $.02 ... ymmv
Unread 08-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #40
D0dgeRam1500
2006 KJ Liberty 

I would avoid spacers. Spend the extra money and buy the springs.
Unread 08-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #41
Dasko
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0dgeRam1500 View Post
I would avoid spacers. Spend the extra money and buy the springs.
x2

i didnt know kolak did 2.5" spacers . i thought he did the OME/Bilstein setups in either the MD or HD (2" or 3") for our wj's. I could be mistaken though.

2001 WJ- SOLD

[QUOTE=mrJ]It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.[/QUOTE][/CENTER]
Unread 08-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #42
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

BB = Budget Boost , emphasize the budget under $100. Springs = under $300. Same results. Springs may offer better ride, but far from a budget. Can't say from experience (yet), but I would think a higher spring rate would cause a rougher ride? But people say its better.

I chose a BB as it is a great beginners lift. Because that's what I am...

for now! BWAHAHAHA

Unread 08-07-2012, 08:05 AM   #43
Dasko
2001 WJ 

BB's aren't necessarily for beginners. I still consider myself new to all of this however I have a 3"IRO lift (for the most part anyway). I wish I had gone with 4" but I did what I could afford and that's where the problem lies with most people.

YEEPmobile

2001 WJ- SOLD

Unread 08-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #44
D0dgeRam1500
2006 KJ Liberty 

Your springs are old and sagging so replace them and the isolators.

Sent from my Droid X.
Unread 08-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #45
IDD86
2000 WJ 

That's the problem I'm having right now

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.