Got rear ended today... :-( - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Got rear ended today... :-(

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #1
Ravie
1999 WJ 

Got rear ended today... :-(

What is it with us WJ's getting rear ended?

Hard to explain the situation in text ( a lot to type for it to make perfect sense) but traffic essentially stopped for no apparent reason just maybe 100 feet after going through an intersection...I stopped fast enough...guy behind me didn't.

Other than a headache and some minor neck pain I'm alright. Sucks about my Jeep though.

Got a ticket for not having my current insurance card (I coulda SWORN it was in there!!!) So now I gotta take my current card and the ticket in for proof...

Thankfully I didn't have my little girl with me. That would have been horrible.

This is my first "big accident" since becoming a driver 10 years ago. I rear ended a friend on ice the month I got my license, and then GOT rear ended because of ice another time. Both times were minor things. This is the first time it caused this kind of damage.

I realized today why I love being on a first name basis with my agent unlike you guys with random anonymous online insurance. I called a guy that knows me and my family, got things situated, met him at his office to get stuff sorted out, etc... a LOT of help when you're a bit out of sorts.

rearended.jpg  
Unread 05-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #2
lvngtheJEEPlife
2001 WJ 

What the H$ll hit you that centered the damage all the way up there? lol Glad youre okay and ins is pulling through. Goodluck
Unread 05-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #3
Ravie
1999 WJ 

Nissan Titan.

The guy was real nice. It was a weird situation.

Yeah hopefully it all works out.
Unread 05-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #4
MeanGreenZJ
Web Wheeler

Is that it? Hatch and bumper cover?
MeanGreenZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 07:07 PM   #5
car5car
2000 WJ 

How much is the gate? $300?
400?
rear bumper cover is about $100
No big deal!
I found a gate for my Durango exactly the same color! Call around and find same color gate.
http://car-part.com/ $300
Unread 05-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #6
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

go see a doctor about that neck, like now. should have asked for treatment at the scene to get the ball rolling. now it's going to be hard to get compensation for the injury.

a screwed up neck and back is something you'll hate for life. trust me on that one.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 08:44 PM   #7
Ravie
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
go see a doctor about that neck, like now. should have asked for treatment at the scene to get the ball rolling. now it's going to be hard to get compensation for the injury.

a screwed up neck and back is something you'll hate for life. trust me on that one.
I get what you're saying. Both companies were aware of my sore neck and headache in my claim. I was told by both his company and mine that if I decided to get med to just let them know. We'll see tomorrow unless I start going crazy tonight or something. I'm not going to worry about something I can't change. It isn't like I get in accidents every day.
Unread 05-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #8
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

quick diagnosis and treatment is essential with neck and head injuries like you get in a rear end collision there. been there. done that.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 06:03 AM   #9
Ravie
1999 WJ 

I feel ya. I'm going to call my ins ans go in this morning. Woke up with some pretty decent neck pain.
Unread 05-10-2013, 08:29 AM   #10
Jrboarder27
2000 WJ 

What do you mean ”unlike us“ how do you know we all have an online insurance company, I'll have you know that I've known my State Farm agent for 15 years, my wife babysitts her kids.
Jrboarder27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 08:35 AM   #11
Ravie
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrboarder27 View Post
What do you mean ”unlike us“ how do you know we all have an online insurance company, I'll have you know that I've known my State Farm agent for 15 years, my wife babysitts her kids.
Lol. If you didn't get it I'm not explaining it.
Unread 05-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #12
Jrboarder27
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravie View Post

Lol. If you didn't get it I'm not explaining it.
Lol I'm just kidding I've only been driving for 12 years and I actually have GEICO, I do have a friend from State Farm she's a really great person, but she's just too expensive
Jrboarder27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #13
Ravie
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrboarder27 View Post

Lol I'm just kidding I've only been driving for 12 years and I actually have GEICO, I do have a friend from State Farm she's a really great person, but she's just too expensive
Haha yeah I was like, he is not serious.

I had progressive for a while but saved money and got better coverage with SF. Our agent and his receptionist are very nice folks.
Unread 05-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #14
Ravie
1999 WJ 

Still nothing back yet. Got his original insurance company called just to find out he's switched companies (his wife did anyway) so I had to make a second claim with them.. Didn't hear anything back on Friday so we'll see Monday. I got one estimate here in town for 2100 and change. New gate, bumper cover, inner piece, clips, etc...probably a repaint for whatever hatch they get..

Saw his truck is parked in the lot we were in when we got off the road. His coolant recovery tank was leaking so maybe he just decided not to chance it.

Neck is doing much better. Still a little stiff at times but better. I just hope his insurance does pull through. I can't imagine why not but ya never know.
Unread 05-12-2013, 04:16 PM   #15
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Lift it..drive with your hitch mount and ball...
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.