Got my jeep, where to start? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Got my jeep, where to start?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-21-2003, 02:44 PM   #1
Gordonia

Got my jeep, where to start?

Idont know where to start.I want to put a 6'' lift on my 2000 grandcherokee wj, with some big tires and wheels.what all do i need to get to do what i want properly? i want my car to still drive well and ster too.would i need to get a stering stabilizer? or stuff like that.ijust need to know what to get and what to do to get started.and to do thing properly.

Gordonia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2003, 03:31 PM   #2
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

Welcome,

take a look at some other pics pages such as www.nagca.com for the Wjs and you'll be able to see what you like.

For a six inch lift with great steering, may I suggest

http://www.claytonoffroad.com/

He has the best long arm kit available. Tons better than rockkrawler.

Be prepared to spend some cash. If you go cheap, you'll hate it.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2003, 10:09 PM   #3
Red Menace

May want to check out Teraflex's S4W+BB to make 6". I dunno if the LCA's would need to be replaced or what, someone else would know better than I. You could always get adjustable, but I would get LAs. HTH
Red Menace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2003, 03:37 PM   #4
Big Grand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Menace
May want to check out Teraflex's S4W+BB to make 6". I dunno if the LCA's would need to be replaced or what, someone else would know better than I. You could always get adjustable, but I would get LAs. HTH
Teraflex is junk. If you want to replace bushing every 6 months and still have clanking arms go ahead. Claytons Long arm is the best.
Big Grand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2003, 08:33 AM   #5
Big Dumb White Guy

Lightbulb

for horse-power just remember

MORE AIR IN + MORE AIR OUT = HP!!!

Keep that in mind when thinking of engine mods...

A guy walks into the psychiatrist office wearing only Glad Wrap shorts. The shrink says, "Well, I can clearly see you're nuts."
Big Dumb White Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2003, 08:36 AM   #6
BenSampZJ

Sounds like a good idea, but you might want to start saving. Especially for Grand Cherokee's. Everything is so expensive.
Good luck with everything (Make sure to post pictures)
BenSampZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.