Got a mouse house in the vent somewhere... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Got a mouse house in the vent somewhere...

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 03-22-2010, 06:35 AM   #1
Char250r
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Got a mouse house in the vent somewhere...

2000 WJ. V8. I think I have an extra passenger in the duct work in the Cherokee. How do I get in there to remove him and his house? Under the hood, or thru the dash? I don't think there is a cabin air filter for this year, but I could be wrong. THANKS!!!

Char250r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2010, 07:19 AM   #2
LordHobbit
1993 ZJ 

There is a mopar aftermarket cabin filter Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ - Cabin air filtration system wjjeeps.com is a great resource. I fear if it is in the ducting, you may need to remove the dash to get into it. I could be wrong.

Isn't red the only color a vehicle should be?
If at first you don't succeed, use more speed.
LordHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2010, 11:13 AM   #3
Double E
2000 Laredo V8

2000 WJ 

Small hose attached to shop vac hose and snake it into the vents.
Changes & fixes: Rear Addco sway bar & greasble bushings, upgraded headlights, upgraded tail lights, new hood struts (replaced 2X), new rear hatchglass struts, new radiator (replaced 3X), new oil pressure sending unit (replaced 4X), 2 new speed sensors, 2 new door lock actuators, new ignition key cylinder, chrome front tow hooks, Mobil 1 Synthetic 5/30, Purolator Pure One oil filter, EBC slotted & dimpled rotors, EBC Greenstuff pads, new front shocks (replaced 3X), new rear shocks (replaced 2X), new IRO steering stabilizer, new timing chain cover, new water pump, thermostat, new thermostat housing, new high pressure power steering hose, Michelin-X radials, new sunroof assembly, new single-piece lug nuts, new exhaust manifold studs & gasket on driver's side, new Durango alternator. Jeepforum.com sticker, Visit cobaltboatsforum.com when you can!
Double E is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #4
CrazyIvan888
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double E View Post
Small hose attached to shop vac hose and snake it into the vents.
I agree. If it doesn't work, you can always go the more difficult route later. I'm assuming this thing is living in there? Because if so, maybe you could try luring him out with something. Once he dies you're gonna have a very limited time to get him out before he starts to pollute your interior atmosphere to unbearable levels.

If it were me, I'd turn the blower on really high and hope the little urchin is upstream of the fan. But I'm kind of vindictive that way.
Unread 03-22-2010, 11:40 AM   #5
kwellzz
1998 ZJ 

set a baited trap at night in the cabin

Motorcycle Repair in Denverhttp://www.wellsmoto.com
kwellzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2010, 12:16 PM   #6
stratons_yj
2001 WJ 

I had a mouse problem in my old 95 Ranger a couple years back....He died somewhere in the ventilation system somehow.

But I ripped apart the whole dash and ducts, I spent days looking for him, I never could find him.

Needless to say I spent a lot of money on air fresheners that month and even put some bowls of vinegar in the truck at let it sit for a couple days.

The vinegar seemed to do the trick cause I never smelled it again.

My buddy bought the truck off me not too long after that.....
stratons_yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2010, 06:53 PM   #7
Char250r
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Where under the hood is he getting in? There has to be a spot where fresh air is pulled in.
Char250r is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.