Got a delima - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Got a delima

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 08-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #16
briandor
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by braddf View Post
Would the cracked head defect for an 01 cause antifreeze to leak out?
Depends on what you mean by leak out? If you mean disappear then yes. The crack usually happens in a location that allows antifreeze to mix with the oil and that is fairly easy to spot by the milk shake look of the oil mixed with antifreeze. Sometimes though it cracks into the exhaust channel and the antifreeze vaporizes into the exhaust. In this case you would notice antifreeze disappearing and an antifreeze smell to the exhaust.

briandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #17
Pedro7
2000 WJ 

I love the "v8s have to be maintained religiously for you to buy one" answer. Any engine has to be maintained religiously, even a 4.0. The mentality that you can treat it like **** just because its a 4.0 is stupid IMO. The 4.7 is a great engine and is much more suited for the wj. Yes the 4.0 is a great engine and lasts foarever, but is underpowered for The wj. You want fun, reliability and power when you need it, get the v8. You want underpowered and reliable get the 4.0. Parts aren't any more expensive for the 4.7 and you get the same gas mileage. I personally would never get a 4.0 in a wj when the 4.7 is an option, couldnt you tell? Drive one with a v8 and you won't even consider the 4.0.
Pedro7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #18
nitroboy88
2003 WJ 

Like leak out of the motor or leak into the oil?
nitroboy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 06:48 PM   #19
nitroboy88
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro7 View Post
I love the "v8s have to be maintained religiously for you to buy one" answer. Any engine has to be maintained religiously, even a 4.0. The mentality that you can treat it like **** just because its a 4.0 is stupid IMO. The 4.7 is a great engine and is much more suited for the wj. Yes the 4.0 is a great engine and lasts foarever, but is underpowered for The wj. You want fun, reliability and power when you need it, get the v8. You want underpowered and reliable get the 4.0. Parts aren't any more expensive for the 4.7 and you get the same gas mileage. I personally would never get a 4.0 in a wj when the 4.7 is an option, couldnt you tell? Drive one with a v8 and you won't even consider the 4.0.
Yeah I get that and thanks for your response. That was my next question too with the fuel mileage and power after you lift it is how its gonna do with the v8 vs the I6 I know its usually a duh but some swear by the I6 and thats what I was trying to understand thanks you have helped
nitroboy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 07:18 PM   #20
new2site
2002 WJ 

As long as you don't severely overheat the 0331 head in the 4.0 I doubt you'll have any problems with one...there's a bunch of 99-02's with near 300K with same head.
new2site is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.