gauge swap? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > gauge swap?

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-18-2014, 04:56 PM   #1
dacv01
1999 WJ 

gauge swap?

does anyone know if its possible to switch my gauges to the white style that came in the 01-04 limited models with the black needles?

dacv01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2014, 05:43 PM   #2
2000_limited
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacv01 View Post
does anyone know if its possible to switch my gauges to the white style that came in the 01-04 limited models with the black needles?
http://www.wjjeeps.com/gauges.htm#WHITE
2000_limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2014, 05:57 PM   #3
Teflon916
1999 WJ 

Those gauges are awesome in the daytime. But then at night the glow is horrible. I bought some and used them for a little while then switched back. The glow was hurting my eyes. And the needle is black and kind of hard to see. They just seemed kind of cheap. I ended up using my old guages and putting led lights in them which turned them blue.

Just my opinion. I know many people really like them.
Teflon916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2014, 06:00 PM   #4
2000_limited
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon916 View Post
Those gauges are awesome in the daytime. But then at night the glow is horrible. I bought some and used them for a little while then switched back. The glow was hurting my eyes. And the needle is black and kind of hard to see. They just seemed kind of cheap. I ended up using my old guages and putting led lights in them which turned them blue.

Just my opinion. I know many people really like them.
I agree. I seen the same in other vehicles, and didn't like the glow you speak of.

In my Accord, I just swapped the back lights for red LED's. Will do the same for the Jeep soon.
2000_limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2014, 06:40 PM   #5
jtaz
2000 WJ 

Since we're on the subject of gauges and gauge swaps, does anyone have some ideas where to get some different styles of gauges other than the stock colors?
jtaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2014, 06:55 PM   #6
Teflon916
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaz
Since we're on the subject of gauges and gauge swaps, does anyone have some ideas where to get some different styles of gauges other than the stock colors?
Look on eBay or go to junk yards or recycle yards. I don't think they make aftermarket.
Teflon916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2014, 07:00 PM   #7
jtaz
2000 WJ 

Bummer, I'd like to get some with like a green backdrop but I've looked all over and haven't found any.
jtaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.