FYI - Good Source for Clips and Fasteners - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > FYI - Good Source for Clips and Fasteners

RCI FUEL CELL BRACKET - Perfect for the back of your JeepARTEC LABOR DAY SALE - 15% offNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 09-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #1
grussell
2001 WJ 

FYI - Good Source for Clips and Fasteners

I needed to replace all of the clips for both front door panels. The dealer wanted $2.70 per clip and each door takes 11 clips. That would have been about $60. I found this company and ordered a bag of 50 for under $13.

http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/

Door panel clip - PRODUCT CODE: PAS9380-50

Replaced all 11 on each door panel and they are as tight as new.

Unread 09-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #2
aestrad1
2000 WJ 

Ive ordered from them and they were great. Ebay is even cheaper, just takes a bit longer, as they come from China. Think I got 100 for less than $10.
aestrad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
cubalz
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I have used them MANY times. Even though they are in Cali and I am in Delaware - delivery time is around 3 days. Great company!!!!
2003 Rubicon - 33x12.50x15 GY Duratracs, 15x10 MT Classic Locks, 2" BL, 2" BB, Warn Front Bumper, Garvin ATS Rear Bumper, Body Armor Extreme Rock Rails, Nth Degree Tummy Tucker, Skid Row Engine, LCA and Gas Tank Skid Plates, Teraflex Quick Disco's, Uniden Pro 520xl CB, 3' Firestik Antenna, BW Flat Fender Flares, Tom Woods DS, Currie Rear Adj Arms
cubalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #4
losttech

2000 WJ 

If amazon does not have it I always order from these guys.
Decent shipping price and a good product.
Here are the pushpins for front bumper order 2 boxes so got 50 a lifetime supply I think.
http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Spl...e_p/a14020.htm
losttech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 03:42 PM   #5
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

I just bought a bag of 50 door panel clips, but I cannot remember from who, but they were inexpensive.
Screw the dealers.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 04:21 PM   #6
losttech

2000 WJ 

Amazon sells them too I order from them most times because I get free 2 day shipping.

newer type
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

older type
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pretty sure both work just fine I have used the older style but not the newer style yet.
Unread 09-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #7
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by losttech View Post
Amazon sells them too I order from them most times because I get free 2 day shipping. newer type http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 older type http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Pretty sure both work just fine I have used the older style but not the newer style yet.
That's it. I have Amazon Prime, too, but it didn't help me the other day. I ordered "add-on" items and added them to my cart, but I could not check out, because I didn't order $25 worth. I spent 45 minutes trying to check out and called their support, who kept telling me to use Firefox or Google Chrome. I was already using Safari on the iPad and IE on a laptop. I told that guy to not even suggest Google Chrome to me, as I detest Google. I was so pissed that by the time the guy figured it out, I told him that I was going to order from Best Buy. I pay for Amazon Prime and I get treated like a jerk. They even sent an email that was supposed to be an apology, but never even used the word "sorry."

Unread 09-25-2013, 09:02 PM   #8
nolimitssjca
1999 WJ 

The door clips on the 99 WJ are the WORST! Funny you can see the first 3 years of production saw 3 different door clips. I think they call this a "clue". I bought a bunch of ford clips. They come out easier, don't break, and are highly reusable.
1970 Chevy C-20 350, 2002 Kawasaki Vulcan
nolimitssjca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:13 PM   #9
Jaspah
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick View Post
That's it. I have Amazon Prime, too, but it didn't help me the other day. I ordered "add-on" items and added them to my cart, but I could not check out, because I didn't order $25 worth. I spent 45 minutes trying to check out and called their support, who kept telling me to use Firefox or Google Chrome. I was already using Safari on the iPad and IE on a laptop. I told that guy to not even suggest Google Chrome to me, as I detest Google. I was so pissed that by the time the guy figured it out, I told him that I was going to order from Best Buy. I pay for Amazon Prime and I get treated like a jerk. They even sent an email that was supposed to be an apology, but never even used the word "sorry."

Off topic, but...

Can I ask why you're sticking to IE? Both Firefox and Chrome are light years ahead of IE in terms of speed and security. Firefox would probably be the closest to the same UI that Internet Explorer has.
Jaspah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:46 PM   #10
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaspah View Post
Off topic, but... Can I ask why you're sticking to IE? Both Firefox and Chrome are light years ahead of IE in terms of speed and security. Firefox would probably be the closest to the same UI that Internet Explorer has.
Used to it, comes with the OS, and it does what I need it to. Never felt any need to change. I have worked in the IT field since just before PC's and have worked with everything from Altos computers with their Xenix systems and systems with Unix to now, Win 7 & 8. There are people that use Firefox at work, and it doesn't seem any faster than IE. I use IE 10 and it's pretty secure. I use the add-on: Do Not Track Me and have no trouble.
I won't use Chrome, because I do not like Google for political reasons.

Unread 09-25-2013, 11:52 PM   #11
outbackmatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by losttech View Post
If amazon does not have it I always order from these guys.
Decent shipping price and a good product.
Here are the pushpins for front bumper order 2 boxes so got 50 a lifetime supply I think.
http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Spl...e_p/a14020.htm
Hey I need push pins for my front bumper cover and have been searching for them using the factory part # 55176248. How do you know they're the right ones in the link?
outbackmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #12
losttech

2000 WJ 

Did some research before I bought them.
And they are also in my jeep

They are a little stiff when new will take some pressure to get in some light whacks with a small hammer or just maybe stronger hands then mine.
They fit perfectly look exactly the same as OEM I have compared them side by side.

On a side not you can also use the standard christmas tree type body fasteners they are just a pain to take out.
https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Pr...uctCode=A20361

The christmas tree ones fit all kinds of places too got them in my hood for holding down the insulation where some clips were gone have used some inside to cant remember where but they are a very common item in the WJ for fasteners
Order a box of each when you do you wont regret it very usefull.
Unread 09-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #13
buger561
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick View Post
Used to it, comes with the OS, and it does what I need it to. Never felt any need to change. I have worked in the IT field since just before PC's and have worked with everything from Altos computers with their Xenix systems and systems with Unix to now, Win 7 & 8. There are people that use Firefox at work, and it doesn't seem any faster than IE. I use IE 10 and it's pretty secure. I use the add-on: Do Not Track Me and have no trouble.
I won't use Chrome, because I do not like Google for political reasons.

What about Youtube, GMail, etc?
buger561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 05:04 PM   #14
wsar10
2003 WJ 

Good info !

-03 WJ laredo 4.0 120k a few minor mods
-93 XJ 5spd, 3" zone lift
wsar10 is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.