Front truss - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Front truss

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 12-13-2013, 10:20 PM   #1
fast540
1999 WJ 

Front truss

So measurement wise the Artec jk truss will fit on my axle but will the axle once trussed hit anything under the jeep? My jeep isn't home right now to look at. Can someone please post a pic of their front axle and the area above it

fast540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 07:50 AM   #2
fast540
1999 WJ 

Come on guys hook me up with a pic of the area above the axle. If this was another silly headlight thread I'd be getting tons of pics
Unread 12-14-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
texlurch
2002 WJ 

I don't have a pic but my IRO equalizer bar runs across frame to frame, just in front of the oil pan and under the balancer on the engine.
I would imagine the inline 6 is farther forward, depending on what you have
As long as it doesn't go higher than your stock UCA mounts I "think" you will be ok.

That and at least 4-4.5 in lift.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #4
skain8
Under Construction

2002 WJ 

Even if you'd get a pic or 3, it really wouldn't do you much good. You need to get the specs from the manufacturer and mock it up with cardboard while cycling the front suspension to check for any clearance issues, or just buy it and hope for the best. If you do the latter, its metal, so you can modify it (i.e. shorten, narrow, etc..) where necessary, which you'll be doing anyway since it is specifically designed for an axle other than yours. You're going to have some time into this to make it work. WJ/JK brackets are not universally positioned, especially since they are different widths. Don't underestimate that. Personally, I'd come up with another option.

'02 WJ: 4.7L, 5", HP44/9", 231HD, tall & skinny KM2's
'99 XJ: stock
'99 XJ: stolen
'06 XK: sold
231HD build guide
skain8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 03:16 PM   #5
mycreativename
1999 WJ 

With the amount of fabbing you would have to do to make it work, it might just be worth it to make your own from scratch.
mycreativename is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #6
fast540
1999 WJ 

Sitting the truss on a wj axle made it seem like a pretty easy mod to fit. It's not a matter of the truss fitting the axle I just don't have my jeep here to see clearance above the axle
Unread 12-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #7
fast540
1999 WJ 

Btw it's just a few steel plates. A welder and torch/saw go a long way in making things fit
Unread 12-15-2013, 08:04 AM   #8
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast540 View Post
Btw it's just a few steel plates. A welder and torch/saw go a long way in making things fit
Do you already have the truss? If not it might be simpler to just get some flat plate and do your own.

Run it up to the bump stops without the springs and shocks, and then take measurements from there.

Altho for the cost, and looking at the pics, that one may be easy enough to modify.
Unread 12-15-2013, 08:54 AM   #9
fast540
1999 WJ 

I kinda test mocked up a jk truss my buddy has before instal and didn't have my jeep here. Kinda just needed a couple pics but my jeeps home now so it's all good.
Unread 12-15-2013, 09:09 AM   #10
texlurch
2002 WJ 

It looks pretty low profile, and I don't think it will cause any issues.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.