Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

front end noises very strange

635 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  pdpunome 
#1 ·
00 i6 selectrac here.

two different issues (i hope just two).
first:
i have a very obnocious whine rub type noise coming from front. the sound is more like a rubber whine noise. MY TIRES HAVE BEEN CHECKED AND SWAPPED OUT ETC ETC ITS IS NOT THE TIRES. question is what are the typical wheel bearing, drive shaft, cv joint sounds on these trucks? and is myn one of them? i changed the diff fluids couple thousand ago to mobil1 syn all i could get my hands on at the time, i do have the mopar stuff now stocked up.

second:
front right brakes continiously drag no matter what i do. replaced lines, fluids, calipers, pads, rotors, and even torque the wheells to specs to no avail. have tried three different calipers even swapped to akebonos but nothing seems to be helping. it is a constant rub/screech and odd part is when i apply the brakes it gets worse. in all my experiences it suppose to stop making grinding etc noises once you apply the brakes but this has got me all messed up and frankly is quite embarrassing driving around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.