Front Door Speaker Issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Front Door Speaker Issue

Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 05-07-2014, 01:43 PM   #1
skisprinkle686
1999 WJ 

Front Door Speaker Issue

So I just realized the sound from my front door speakers didn't sound right. It sounded distorted. So I took both door panels and found quite a surprise. The guy I bought the WJ from cut the factory wires that had the clip on the end and upgraded to Sony speakers. Since there is no longer a system in the trunk, the speakers are messed up and not working right.

My question is, how can I get the harness with the clip on the end of it? I picked up some 6x9 door speakers from a junkyard but I need to be able to plug them into the factory harness but it has been cut. Any help would be appreciated!

Surco Roof Rack
skisprinkle686 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2014, 05:57 PM   #2
pdpunome
Web Wheeler

2000 WJ 

go back to the yard and cut out the harnesses and splice back into yours. Let me know if your yard does not have them I can get them.
Unread 05-08-2014, 08:06 AM   #3
skisprinkle686
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdpunome View Post
go back to the yard and cut out the harnesses and splice back into yours. Let me know if your yard does not have them I can get them.
If you have them, I will take them. The closest yard is 60 miles away so I don't know when I'll be able to get down there.
Surco Roof Rack
Unread 05-08-2014, 11:55 AM   #4
lemiller
2001 WJ 

I may have some too.....ill check tonight after work. You can just have then if you want to pay for shipping.
lemiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2014, 12:08 PM   #5
skisprinkle686
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemiller View Post
I may have some too.....ill check tonight after work. You can just have then if you want to pay for shipping.
Please let me know if you do. If so, then I will pay for the shipping!

Thanks!
Surco Roof Rack

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.