JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   WJ Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/)
-   -   Front bumper light bar? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/front-bumper-light-bar-1552884/)

Okiesteve 07-23-2013 09:33 PM

Front bumper light bar?
 
does anyone know where I can find a front bumper light bar, or something that I can mount 2-4 lights just above the front bumper?

1999wjlimited 07-23-2013 10:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have this sitting in my garage that I am not using any more.

DavisI 07-24-2013 12:03 AM

Thats a mean looking bull bar

HWSx 07-24-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1999wjlimited (Post 15711708)
I have this sitting in my garage that I am not using any more.

Where you at?

1999wjlimited 07-24-2013 12:10 AM

NC i also have the fawkes fab bull bar relocation and shackle tab mounts that make it sit about 6 inches higher and give you recovery points on the front

DavisI 07-24-2013 12:12 AM

Who makes that particular bull bar?

HWSx 07-24-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1999wjlimited (Post 15711991)
NC i also have the fawkes fab bull bar relocation and shackle tab mounts that make it sit about 6 inches higher and give you recovery points on the front

That's expensive for shippin :(

1999wjlimited 07-24-2013 12:16 AM

http://www.truckgeardirect.com/Pages...dCherokee.html

Also they sent me bolts with the wrong threads I called and told them this and they refunded me 40 bucks

sage39henry 07-24-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1999wjlimited (Post 15711708)
I have this sitting in my garage that I am not using any more.

do you have a picture of this on your WJ? Curious to see what it looks like on. I normally hate bull bars do to bad approach angles... buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

tigerfan2 07-24-2013 04:06 PM

What would you sell the whole setup for?

1999wjlimited 07-24-2013 10:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here it is with the fawke fab kit

lance-tek 07-24-2013 11:18 PM

PM sent about bull bar and fawkes mount if it's available

texlurch 12-18-2013 09:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sage39henry (Post 15714034)
do you have a picture of this on your WJ? Curious to see what it looks like on. I normally hate bull bars do to bad approach angles... buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1999wjlimited (Post 15715940)
Here it is with the fawke fab kit

Same bar as I have, but I cut the ears off the Fawkes brackets and moved them up even more. Requires cutting some clearance into the bumper cover, but it puts the bull bar where it belonged in the first place.
Note I also added the lower bar to protect the winch; they don't make one like that.... ;)

:2thumbsup:

Starboard M 12-18-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texlurch (Post 18643722)
Same bar as I have, but I cut the ears off the Fawkes brackets and moved them up even more. Requires cutting some clearance into the bumper cover, but it puts the bull bar where it belonged in the first place.
Note I also added the lower bar to protect the winch; they don't make one like that.... ;)

:2thumbsup:

Can you mount the Truck Gear bull bar without the Fawkes brackets?

Did you retain the factory tow hooks? Are there any other provisions for lights other than the two?

texlurch 12-18-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starboard M (Post 18645746)
Can you mount the Truck Gear bull bar without the Fawkes brackets?

Did you retain the factory tow hooks? Are there any other provisions for lights other than the two?

The Fawkes kit mounts to the tow hook holes, notice the two orange shackles? The bar only had two light tabs on it. Simple angle iron and you can add more.

No idea on a "Truck Gear" bar. Anything can be made to fit with a hot wrench and welder. :wave:


The time now is 03:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.