Front axle leak - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Front axle leak

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 12-31-2013, 04:57 PM   #1
chadandloren
2001 WJ 

Front axle leak

OK....ive replaced both seals on the front axle of my 01 GC 4x4 and its still leaking on passenger side. I first did all this work because the passenger side was leaking and thought since I had to tear everything apart I would do both sides. I plan to replace the seal again but only on passenger side. What else could be causing the leak? Could it be the axle shaft being bent or groove where seals rides messed up?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

chadandloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 10:27 PM   #2
barmatt80
2001 WJ 

What brand of axle? I had same problem with advanced auto axles. Oem or new napa fixed it for me. I went through 2 sets of seals before swapping axles. Took advanced axles back and got the $$ back.

Bent shaft or scouring would cause issues as well.
barmatt80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 06:47 AM   #3
chadandloren
2001 WJ 

Right now the one that is in my GC to my knowledge is the factory one.
chadandloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 11:05 AM   #4
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Don't you just love members who start two threads on EXACTLY the same problem only an hour apart. Why do it? You won't get any more answers!

Sent from the Dark Side using only the Force.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.