Fog light switch to AUX lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Fog light switch to AUX lights

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 05-10-2013, 08:58 AM   #1
CalebForbesWJ
2002 WJ 

Wj Fog light switch to AUX lights

first of all, I am sorta new to the forum. However, I did do a search and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. (spent a better part of an hour looking)

ok, so I went ahead and cut the front bumper because my front tires were rubbing (285/74/16s) and I just really liked the look
I cut out the factory fogs, but left the wiring in tact and zip tied up.
is there any way I can run off road AUX driving or fogs to the OEM fog switch on the turn signal lever? And what would be the best way about doing this if its possible?

CalebForbesWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Can you do this...yes. Just make sure the lights aren't drawing significantly more power than the factory bulbs, or you might blow fuses. I currently run the two pilot lights in my front bumper off of the factory switch. The ones on the roof rack have an aftermarket switch and relay:

*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #3
CalebForbesWJ
2002 WJ 

Thanks! You've got a BADA** WJ there.. one day mine might just grow up to that level lol
Unread 05-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
smittyboy
2004 WJ 

How did you hook up the ones on the roof exactly? Did you just run them straight to the battery?
smittyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #5
CalebForbesWJ
2002 WJ 

oh, and for your fogs on the bumper; did you splice them? or just find an adapter to plug into the existing wires?
Unread 05-11-2013, 12:34 AM   #6
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

I just spliced into the harness, and tossed the factory plug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyboy View Post
How did you hook up the ones on the roof exactly? Did you just run them straight to the battery?
Wires run to the sides, under the door molding, down under the door molding to the cowl panel, and to the relays I have bolted to the cowl panel on the passenger side. Relays are grounded, then go straight to the battery. I have switches in the cab that have a ground wire that goes out to the relay, and triggers the relay to send power to the lights.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.