Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Firat wjj

885 views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  acgenrich6777 
#1 ·
I bought a 2002 jeep grand cherokee limited 4.7 yesterday. It has 131561 for miles interior is dang near perfect.

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

See less See more
#10 ·
Ok so I found out my jeep is a 1 owner jeep. They were even nice enough to put there name in it in the owners manual. so I gave them a call yesterday. He told me he bought it new in 02 drove it for 2 years from Illinois to florida and back. Then pulled it behind a camper down there.

#11 ·
Another thing was the jeep was always in Florida from November till April ever year since new and even better it was in a garage down there. I think I lucked out on this jeep. he said if I wanted him to he would mail me all the matience records since new.

#14 ·
Do you mean the window sticker? Normally that's all you might get in a new jeep.
Build sheets are not normally included at sale and include package codes.
The one via the link will also tell you where it was delivered to in order to verify the story of the PO.

#17 ·
Easy. The next possibility is the upper A arm.
If those shocks are non-OEM, they are probably knocking in the lower mount. Tighten upper & lower shock mounts until you see spots and it will be about right.
Check the rear sway for being non-oem too. Although a fine upgrade if they did so, it could also be loose at the vertical connectors to the body.

#20 ·
With the fuilds..... stick with manufacturer recommended and certain cases you want to use dealership fluids. The drivetrain is the most important one. The quadradrive is a great system. Take of it and it will take care of you.

The 4.7L engine is something else you need to pamper a bit. Keep up on oil changes and filters.

I personally do mine every 3k. But I'm always in stop and go traffic, off roading, idling for extended periods of time. and so on. If you do more touring driving where you aren't having to ride the break too much go with the 7500 mile oil changes. Same here, when I bought my 02 I was the second owner. The original owner had all of the maintanence paperwork in the trunk in a file. A thick one too.

Welcome to the WJ world and the Jeep Family.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.