A few wj Qeustions ??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > A few wj Qeustions ???

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 01-03-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
ablaydes
2003 WJ 

Wj A few wj Qeustions ???

Im havin trouble trying to find the plastic guard that goes over the rocker i need the driver side any pointers on where to find one ??? note ive already ask a few poeple on the for sale forum and nobody has written back yet and i cant find one on ebay....

My jeep is need of paint really bad has a black fender on driver side and some deep scrathes here and there should i flat black it or get it repainted ??? any pics of flat black wj on here with pics

why would the front pass side be saggin a little lower than the driver side is this bc of a shock bein bad ???

And on my 4x4 selection i have 2wd,4wd part,4wd full,and 4 lo Does the 4wd full mean Awd or is this just for offroad only ????

ablaydes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2011, 08:22 PM   #2
boomersoonerGC
1999 WJ 

Flat looks cool, but its not durable.

Shocks don't determine the right height, the spring does. Is it possible the spring was damaged during whatever caused the fender to be damaged?
boomersoonerGC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #3
ablaydes
2003 WJ 

well see that my problem my jeep was never wrecked it had crease in the fender and the guy just bought a new one and never got down to painting it the side that sags witch is the pass side is not the side that had the dent

Have you ever seen a wj with the plastic rhino lined been thinking about it but idk how it would look
Unread 01-03-2011, 08:33 PM   #4
boomersoonerGC
1999 WJ 

How do you crease a fender without wrecking it?

As for the spring, Just replace all the springs and lift it. Sounds like a spring may have given out, it happens.

People use bed liner on the plastic all the time. I have seen ZJ's completely covered in bed liner. Its a pretty easy DIY job too.
Unread 01-03-2011, 09:10 PM   #5
ablaydes
2003 WJ 

i have no idea how but the hood,headlight,grille is all there even the inner splash gaurd is there
So whats the best kind of liner to use ???
Unread 01-03-2011, 09:14 PM   #6
boomersoonerGC
1999 WJ 

Duplicolor makes a bedliner in a spray can.

Herculiner rolls on.

Or you can pay a shop to do Rhino liner or Line-X.
Unread 01-03-2011, 10:44 PM   #7
ablaydes
2003 WJ 

So is this a good idea or am i wastin my time willit actually stick to the cladding
Unread 01-03-2011, 10:50 PM   #8
boomersoonerGC
1999 WJ 

The cladding is just plastic, if you clean and prep properly it will stick just fine. Just like paint, the quality is in the prep work.

Search the forums, plenty of people do this, particularly on the ZJs.
Unread 01-03-2011, 10:56 PM   #9
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

I've seen it...it's an acquired taste. Not bad, but that much textured area makes the bottom half of the rig look very matte not shiny at all. I think in limited quantities bedliner is good. I did my rock rails in duplicolor bedliner and they are great. No damage and great finish quality. Unless you are building a trail rig, I think using Krylon Fusion paint on the cladding is the best bet.

Lastly, the 4WD works like this:
2WD: rear wheel drive
4WD Part Time: Use only on slippery/loose surfaces, never pavement. Locks the front and rear axles together. No gear reduction
4WD Full Time: sort of an AWD system. Splits torque 50/50 front/rear with an open center differential. Pavement friendly.
N: Neutral - allows flat-towing of the vehicle
4LO: similar to 4WD Part Time only adding 2.72:1 gear reduction. Front and rear axles are locked.

This info is in the owners manual as well as on wjjeeps.com (a great resource, spend some time there!)
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.