Feed back and ideas would be great - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Feed back and ideas would be great

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-21-2013, 07:20 AM   #31
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Just felt like posting this still haven't had the chance to set up the halos

image-614035684.jpg  
Unread 06-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #32
ADragg
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aralph30 View Post
Just felt like posting this still haven't had the chance to set up the halos
Looks great, man!

Is that plastidip on your emblems? How did you do it? As you can see in my pictures posted in earlier in this thread, I've started doing my emblems as well, but I just haven't gotten it where I want it yet. I want to find a better method and do it over. I have been trying to cut around the letters with a tooth pick, which works okay, but it kind of "frays" the edges of the letters if you look close, and sometimes it even lifts the plastidip from the letter a tiny bit or tears a little piece off so you get a little chrome coming through. I think it's partly a matter of doing it at the right time before it dries to much (but maybe not too early? Or maybe doing it immediately while the dip is still wet would actually work?) and using something sharp enough to get a clean cut (so you don't get the torn/frayed edges around the letter), but not sharp enough to damage the paint. It's tricky for sure. Just wondering what your process was and if it worked really well for you or if you have the same problems. Thanks.
ADragg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #33
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Has anyone used vht niteshade on their tail lights?
Unread 07-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #34
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Yes.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2013, 08:37 PM   #35
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cykaaro
Yes.
It peels off correct and if I lightly coat my tail lights will they look alright with my head lights ??
image-4056877888.jpg

Unread 07-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #36
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

It's permanent and doesn't peel off. Make sure surface area is clean and put on very thin coats drying between each so it doesn't run. It also controls how dark it is. You want to be able to still see reddish tinge, and then you'll know they can still bee seen during the day. Too dark and you may get rear ended.

As for using in the headlights, I would never suggest it, and personally think they should never be tinted. You set yourself up for problems when driving at night such as hitting an animal or person, and you end up overdriving yoiur lights as yoiur viewable area at night is drastically reduced.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
Unread 07-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #37
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Quote:
It's permanent and doesn't peel off. Make sure surface area is clean and put on very thin coats drying between each so it doesn't run. It also controls how dark it is. You want to be able to still see reddish tinge, and then you'll know they can still bee seen during the day. Too dark and you may get rear ended. As for using in the headlights, I would never suggest it, and personally think they should never be tinted. You set yourself up for problems when driving at night such as hitting an animal or person, and you end up overdriving yoiur lights as yoiur viewable area at night is drastically reduced.
see I know someone who did it and they didn't like it so they pealed it off 😑
Unread 07-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #38
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Don't know how. I've done a few, and none will peel off. Had to redo my WJ ones as it was a bit on the cold side and messed them up. Just like if you go too dark. No way to lighten them up.

Unread 07-04-2013, 03:55 AM   #39
ADragg
2003 WJ 

Here's my WJ with 4 coats of Niteshades. I should have done 3 coats, or rather 4 lighter coats (resists the urge to get carried away!). They're just a bit too dark and they're okay for now, but I'll be buying some eBay LED tails soon (the ones that look fairly "stock", like what might come on a stock WJ if it were built in the age of LED tail lights) because even un-tinted WJ tails are a bit dim and the reverse lights are WAY too dim and the LED tails I'm talking about can be purchased with a reverse light that has a bunch of LED's all around it that should be very bright.

Anyway, Niteshades is NOT peel-able. It's as permanent as any paint. I think Plasti-dip actually has a removable tail light tint now that's basically a transparent Plasti-dip that should work just like VHT (more coats = darker). But I imagine it's best for just testing out the look or if you want a dull/flat tint. Niteshades look best (to me) if you clear coat them afterwards and then wetsand and polish for a high gloss tint that looks like the tail light was made with black tinted plastic. It's also the best way to keep the tint protected and not let it get chipped off or scratched. And it also just looks a lot better to me. Just bare Niteshades looks cheap and tacky to me. You need to clear coat it and sand/polish to a high gloss so it almost looks like a tinted window.

Unread 07-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #40
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Just blacked out my tail lights today let me know what u guys think !!
image-1791670795.jpg

Unread 07-06-2013, 09:26 PM   #41
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Looks good. I did mine the same way. Blends in nicely but light enough it can be seen easily in bright sunlight. Don't forget to do your third brake light as well!

Unread 07-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #42
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Looks good. I did mine the same way. Blends in nicely but light enough it can be seen easily in bright sunlight. Don't forget to do your third brake light as well!
Yea I know I was gonna do it but I don't have the right size took for it
Unread 07-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #43
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Damn torx screws. Hate those things!

Unread 07-06-2013, 09:45 PM   #44
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Damn torx screws. Hate those things!
I need new rims and tires any ideas
Unread 07-06-2013, 09:50 PM   #45
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

I have a set of 4 of these. Got them cheap as they're in rough shape chrome wise, but that's ok, as I want to paint them anyways. Once I eventually get them done, will put on duratracs for tires. Miss them. Had them on my ZJ when I had it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.