Fawkes stand alone shackle tab review - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Fawkes stand alone shackle tab review

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 04-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #31
rcwj04

2004 WJ 

Yeah people can make there own items, but ya don't go on a thread asking how its made when the manufacturer is on the same thread. Good intentions or not it never ends well as you noticed haha

Quote:
You forget that most members here don't own a crystal ball to tell you exactly what your problem is, specially with bad pictures that don't say/show much of anything... -Jacko84

Just a 19 year old kid with a Jeep, and broke because of it, and loving every moment.
---------------------------------------------------------------
2004 WJ Laredo 4.0 116k
2" BDS coils & Bilstein 5100's | Addco rear swaybar with energy bushings |
K&N FIPK | glasspack | plasti-dipped badges | 17" moabs | HID's, 245/65/17 Cooper Discover AT3 | Rola rack | Fawkes stand alone shackle tabs | Bed lined interior (what a pain that was)
rcwj04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #32
fosterjd79
2004 WJ 

Plus I've already bought all of Fawkes WJ products.
Unread 04-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #33
rcwj04

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Plus I've already bought all of Fawkes WJ products.
My previous comment wasn't directed towards you, I think what your getting fabbed is a killer idea

Quote:
You forget that most members here don't own a crystal ball to tell you exactly what your problem is, specially with bad pictures that don't say/show much of anything... -Jacko84

Just a 19 year old kid with a Jeep, and broke because of it, and loving every moment.
2004 WJ Laredo 4.0 116k
K&N FIPK | glasspack | plasti-dipped badges | 17" moabs | HID's, 245/65/17 Cooper Discover AT3 | Rola rack | Fawkes stand alone shackle tabs | Bed lined interior (what a pain that was)
Unread 04-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #34
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

I got them a few weeks ago and love them as well. Now if I could only get stuck lol

The reason is that there are alway 3-4 cars stuck in front of my house when it snows. I've already almost made myomere back pulling people out at $50 a pop

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #35
rcwj04

2004 WJ 

I wish it snowed enough in jersey for people to get stuck, or I wish I was lucky enough to find the stuck people haha. Such a great way to make money

Quote:

2004 WJ Laredo 4.0 116k
Unread 04-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #36
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosterjd79 View Post
I have fawkes whole package on the front with a winch quick disconnect. I have pulled from both the shackles and the winch mounted to the receiver. I have also pulled fallen trees and other jeeps using both. My review so far, these are unbreakable. In the interest of little competition...I am having these fabbed for the rear receiver of the WJ. I can't wait to test them. http://www.detoursusa.com/c3r.php
Quote:
Originally Posted by dru_b View Post
seems to be ok here....
Detours is a great company that makes awesome products (like the tabs pictured) that we do not. In fact, we send some folks their way when we get inquiries on tire carriers... again, something that we don't currently produce.

You've got PMs, but I'll say it here publicly for the record: No worries! 1) I understand where you're coming from, and 2) You're new here.

I disagree with your assessment (even with the explanation you sent via PM) but encourage you to come up with something better rather than directly copy what we do. Competition is always a good thing for the marketplace (just do us all a favor and play by the rules and set up a vendor account here if you want to sell them).

We designed something unique in our modular tabs a little over a year ago. It had a different application than our competitor's product, and we were more than happy to send those folks wanting larger stand-alone tabs to Saguaro. It appears that in order to compete at the price point we were selling our modular tabs at, they redesigned their tabs to use substantially less steel. This product is our response.

So now the market has a product that is 75% stronger than the original costing around $50 less, all due to competition, or even just the perception of competition by similar companies. Again; competition is always a good thing for the marketplace.

Click to order:
WJ Stand-Alone Shackle Tabs.
WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Kits.

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Fawkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #37
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

It would be nice to incorporate a tab to mount lights on the shackle tab.

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
Unread 04-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #38
IAWJ47
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
His standard style that angle down should fit with a brush guard; depends how the guard mounts.

Here is mine with the standard style and bullbar relocation brackets;
The stand alones basically come straight out in the same spot as the stock tow hooks.
what bullbar is that. i like very much.
IAWJ47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #39
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAWJ47 View Post
what bullbar is that. i like very much.
I got it used, but I think it's a Hunter?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-04-Jeep-G...ht_5497wt_1091
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #40
IAWJ47
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
I got it used, but I think it's a Hunter?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-04-Jeep-G...ht_5497wt_1091
ya it appears to be. thanks for the info man.
IAWJ47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #41
KayCeeJeep
2004 WJ 

Those look fantastic!
KayCeeJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #42
fosterjd79
2004 WJ 

Sorry for the bad pic but here is my fawkes set-up. The license plate is inserted in the front receiver (NH law), there are shackle tabs and a hunter bullbar with IPF lights mounted. This is a great set-up and I recommend it to anyone and everyone looking for front end recovery.
wj-lights.jpg  
Unread 04-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #43
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Pic
image-54483376.jpg  

Unread 04-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #44
rcwj04

2004 WJ 

I just love the way d-rings look on the wj. Form and function! haha

Quote:

2004 WJ Laredo 4.0 116k
Unread 04-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #45
TeXJas
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch

His standard style that angle down should fit with a brush guard; depends how the guard mounts.

Here is mine with the standard style and bullbar relocation brackets;
The stand alones basically come straight out in the same spot as the stock tow hooks.
That looks shweet!!
TeXJas is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.