Fawkes stand alone shackle tab review - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Fawkes stand alone shackle tab review

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 04-06-2013, 06:34 AM   #16
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

Thanks for posting this up, RCW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcwj04 View Post
Definitely do it! These are 30 times better than the factory hooks. They will hold up to 30k pounds or something before breaking... Not that you would ever want that much weight on them but still haha
35k# design strength does not equal what you should be loading them with. For safety sake, if you're going to be more than 7k#, split the load between both sides.

Edit: Do not exceed the rated WLL of your D-rings, period! Sorry to shout like that, but I need to be clear: Our tabs will likely be quite a bit stronger than the shackles attached to them. If you're pulling hard enough, you'll turn your D-ring into a projectile, which is definitely not a good thing. Safety first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpat30 View Post
thanks for the extra pics. Those look great. I like the ability to mount the bullbar and these together as texlurch has done. not everybody wants or needs a giant winch bumper. nice to have options.
The tabs that RCW has mounted are stand-alone units - a new product for us. They will not work with the rest of our modular products (like what texlurch has).

Click to order:
WJ Stand-Alone Shackle Tabs.
WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Kits.

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Fawkes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 06:47 AM   #17
rcwj04

2004 WJ 

Haha if I was trying to pull 35k I would have a lot more problems to worry about haha. Its still nice to know that they are that strong, and I won't ever have to worry about breaking the mounts

Quote:
You forget that most members here don't own a crystal ball to tell you exactly what your problem is, specially with bad pictures that don't say/show much of anything... -Jacko84

Just a 19 year old kid with a Jeep, and broke because of it, and loving every moment.
---------------------------------------------------------------
2004 WJ Laredo 4.0 116k
2" BDS coils & Bilstein 5100's | Addco rear swaybar with energy bushings |
K&N FIPK | glasspack | plasti-dipped badges | 17" moabs | HID's, 245/65/17 Cooper Discover AT3 | Rola rack | Fawkes stand alone shackle tabs | Bed lined interior (what a pain that was)
rcwj04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 07:01 AM   #18
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

If you do manage to break or bend them, send them back and I'll send you new ones.

Click to order:

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Unread 04-06-2013, 07:28 AM   #19
rcwj04

2004 WJ 

Will do, but doubt I will ever break these, unless I was purposely trying to do so.......even then it still might be a hard task haha

Quote:
You forget that most members here don't own a crystal ball to tell you exactly what your problem is, specially with bad pictures that don't say/show much of anything... -Jacko84

Just a 19 year old kid with a Jeep, and broke because of it, and loving every moment.
2004 WJ Laredo 4.0 116k
K&N FIPK | glasspack | plasti-dipped badges | 17" moabs | HID's, 245/65/17 Cooper Discover AT3 | Rola rack | Fawkes stand alone shackle tabs | Bed lined interior (what a pain that was)
Unread 04-06-2013, 07:54 AM   #20
dru_b
2008 JK Wrangler 

silly question maybe, but i have all i need to fabricate these on my own for far less than fawkes retail. any chance someone would post a good picture and possibly measurements of the actual plates before installation? i know people have had luck making their own reproductions of other various makers' stuff using dimensions that other forum members have provided.

i won't be mass producing these, just a little something for myself. i intend to make my own bumper, sliders and rear tire rack sometime this year hopefully. thanks in advance.
[size=3][color=silver]'08 JKUR - bright silver metallic[/color][/size] - auto - 2.5" TF spring : 33" duratracs : TF hd front trac bar : synergy tie rod bar, drag link & rear trac bar : superwinch : [url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/08-jku-rubi-1713162/][color=orange]dru_bcon "build" thread[/color][/url]
[size=2][color=white]'99 WJ limited, 4.7L v8[/size] - stone white clearcoat[/color] - a revival in progress - [url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/99wj-projekt-phoenix-1494105/][color=orange]projekt phoenix build[/color][/url]
[color=silver]'00 VW golf GTI, 1.8t - satin silver metallic[/color] - "silver arrow" - tastefully modded for quick & nimble
[color=blue]'12[url=http://surlybikes.com/bikes/pugsley/][color=blue] surly pugsley[/color][/url] - real blew w/[color=red]red accents[/color][/color] - 1x10 shimano slx, avid BB7 (red cables), marge lite wheels/red rimstrip, red oury grips & pedals
dru_b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #21
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

Click to order:

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Unread 04-06-2013, 10:24 AM   #22
platinum5.9
Web Wheeler

2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dru_b View Post
silly question maybe, but i have all i need to fabricate these on my own for far less than fawkes retail. any chance someone would post a good picture and possibly measurements of the actual plates before installation? i know people have had luck making their own reproductions of other various makers' stuff using dimensions that other forum members have provided.

i won't be mass producing these, just a little something for myself. i intend to make my own bumper, sliders and rear tire rack sometime this year hopefully. thanks in advance.
Really?
03 Grand Cherokee Limited-White/Agate-4.7HO/QD-OME HD springs-1" spacers-MX6 shocks-OME SS-IRO rear links-255/75/17 BFG muds-JK Moabs-Muffler Delete-Magnaflow Cats x3-V3 Projectors 35w 5000k HID and High/Low harness w/relays-IRO Premium Sliders-SOLID D30 Cover-Fawkes stand alone shackle tabs/3/4" black shackles http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...1/#post9902192
--Enchanted Mountain Off-road Crew--Olean NY
enchantedmountainoffroad@gmail.com
platinum5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #23
Umbrella
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum5.9 View Post
Really?
So it wasn't just me?

“If a little is great, and a lot is better, then way too much is just about right!” Mae West
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 10:57 AM   #24
rcwj04

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrella

So it wasn't just me?
Pretty sure it was everyone haha

Quote:

2004 WJ Laredo 4.0 116k
Unread 04-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #25
lazyWJ
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dru_b View Post

"Bought, Not Built"
lazyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #26
CCFoundry
2004 WJ 

Those look great! Jeep looks great! What lift? Height? Tire size? Wheels? Offset?
CCFoundry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #27
fosterjd79
2004 WJ 

I have fawkes whole package on the front with a winch quick disconnect. I have pulled from both the shackles and the winch mounted to the receiver. I have also pulled fallen trees and other jeeps using both. My review so far, these are unbreakable. In the interest of little competition...I am having these fabbed for the rear receiver of the WJ. I can't wait to test them. http://www.detoursusa.com/c3r.php
fosterjd79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 12:22 PM   #28
rcwj04

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFoundry
Those look great! Jeep looks great! What lift? Height? Tire size? Wheels? Offset?
Thanks man! I have a 2" bds lift with cooper discover at3 tires mounted on jk moabs, the offset is the same as stock wj rims

Quote:

2004 WJ Laredo 4.0 116k
Unread 04-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #29
dru_b
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum5.9 View Post
Really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrella View Post
So it wasn't just me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcwj04 View Post
Pretty sure it was everyone haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyWJ View Post
alright, alright... i get it. i messed up.. i sent him an apology on the side also. not my intentions to cause issues. i have read HERE on YOUR FORUMS of people creating reproduction clayton CA's without the recourse. i shall do a little investigating and come up with something on my own.

sorry.
[size=3][color=silver]'08 JKUR - bright silver metallic[/color][/size] - auto - 2.5" TF spring : 33" duratracs : TF hd front trac bar : synergy tie rod bar, drag link & rear trac bar : superwinch : [url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/08-jku-rubi-1713162/][color=orange]dru_bcon "build" thread[/color][/url]
[size=2][color=white]'99 WJ limited, 4.7L v8[/size] - stone white clearcoat[/color] - a revival in progress - [url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/99wj-projekt-phoenix-1494105/][color=orange]projekt phoenix build[/color][/url]
[color=silver]'00 VW golf GTI, 1.8t - satin silver metallic[/color] - "silver arrow" - tastefully modded for quick & nimble
[color=blue]'12[url=http://surlybikes.com/bikes/pugsley/][color=blue] surly pugsley[/color][/url] - real blew w/[color=red]red accents[/color][/color] - 1x10 shimano slx, avid BB7 (red cables), marge lite wheels/red rimstrip, red oury grips & pedals
Unread 04-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #30
dru_b
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosterjd79 View Post
I have fawkes whole package on the front with a winch quick disconnect. I have pulled from both the shackles and the winch mounted to the receiver. I have also pulled fallen trees and other jeeps using both. My review so far, these are unbreakable. In the interest of little competition...I am having these fabbed for the rear receiver of the WJ. I can't wait to test them. http://www.detoursusa.com/c3r.php
seems to be ok here....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.