Fawkes Fab bull bar relocation and recovery package - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Fawkes Fab bull bar relocation and recovery package

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 02-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #1
1999wjlimited
1999 WJ 

Wj Fawkes Fab bull bar relocation and recovery package

First off i just wanna say thanks to Kris from Fawkes Fab for all his help. He is great to deal with and has excellent customer service.

When i first picked up the box on my porch today after i got off work i was kinda shocked by how heavy the box was. I think that the mounts weighed more than the bull bar itself. the install was easy and i didn't have any problems. The directions in the box were pretty much self explanatory.

the new mounts are much more sturdy than the ones the bar came with. I could move the bull bar up and down with one arm. The new mounts are Rock solid i could put all my body weight on them and they wouldn't budge. The things i like the most about this kit is that i now have recovery points on the front of my jeep as i did not come with the factory tow hooks and how much higher it makes the bar itself sit higher. I would guess that its now 5 or 6 inches higher than it was before.

photo.jpg  
Unread 02-22-2013, 11:29 PM   #2
CruizinKev
2000 WJ 

looks cool! we'd like to see some more pics!
CruizinKev is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2013, 11:31 PM   #3
BigWheel7
1999 WJ 

I really like how this package looks and I have been watching Fawkes since they first started producing them. Seems like a great product. Just haven't been able to get enough together to get the package before I need something else.
BigWheel7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #4
1999wjlimited
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruizinKev
looks cool! we'd like to see some more pics!
Yeah I'll take some more in the morning when it's daylight. I would have taken more tonight but I just wanted to go to bed.
Unread 02-22-2013, 11:47 PM   #5
1999wjlimited
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheel7
I really like how this package looks and I have been watching Fawkes since they first started producing them. Seems like a great product. Just haven't been able to get enough together to get the package before I need something else.
Yeah I know the feeling. Something is always tore up on mine. The brake booster on mine is going bad now it whistles every time I hit the brakes. I'm just glad I can get most of my parts for the employee or commercial customer discount which ever is more off.
Unread 02-23-2013, 06:46 AM   #6
TeXJas
2004 WJ 

Wj

How do you like that bull bar? I've been looking at them and the only thing I don't like is I can't get my Hella's on them.
TeXJas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #7
1999wjlimited
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeXJas
How do you like that bull bar? I've been looking at them and the only thing I don't like is I can't get my Hella's on them.
I like it pretty good the only thing I can complain about it is that it did have a few scratches on it right out of the box. As far as the lights I think I'm gonna either get some kc apollo pro 5" driving lights or get a 12 inch led light bar. I haven't decided yet.
Unread 02-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #8
TeXJas
2004 WJ 

I was thinking a Rigid LED would look good. Is a 12" all you can fit?
Unread 02-23-2013, 09:26 AM   #9
1999wjlimited
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeXJas
I was thinking a Rigid LED would look good. Is a 12" all you can fit?
Yeah the light tabs are an even 12 inches apart. I like the rigid ones but they are to expensive I'm going to order a hanma led bar when I have the extra money. I emailed them the price on that one is 80 plus shipping. I've heard good things from some of the xj guys on here.
Unread 02-23-2013, 09:30 AM   #10
TeXJas
2004 WJ 

yea, they're pricey! the 10" is $400.
Unread 02-23-2013, 09:44 AM   #11
1999wjlimited
1999 WJ 

Yeah I'm still in high school I couldn't bring myself to pay that much just for a light.
Unread 02-23-2013, 07:04 PM   #12
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999wjlimited View Post
First off i just wanna say thanks to Kris from Fawkes Fab for all his help. He is great to deal with and has excellent customer service.
Very glad I was able to take care of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeXJas View Post
6" Hellas should fit the Westin bars (P/N 33-1990 stainless or 33-1995 black) that work with our relocation tabs. The tabs are lower and wider on the Westin bull bar's horizontal tube compared to the TGD/Hunter.

Click to order:
WJ Stand-Alone Shackle Tabs.
WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Kits.

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Fawkes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 08:28 AM   #13
Ugasouthernprid
2004 WJ 

has anyone actually used this with a winch before? or to tow the wj? is it actually attatched strong enough on the fram to not get pulled off?
Ugasouthernprid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 08:59 AM   #14
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugasouthernprid View Post
has anyone actually used this with a winch before? or to tow the wj? is it actually attatched strong enough on the fram to not get pulled off?
Only the shackle tabs are strong enough to pull on.
The bull bars are made of thin metal, and are basically for looks and a place to hang lights.

Or..

You can fab up a hidden winch and mod the mounts to relocate the bull bar up a tad higher..
hackett-gulch-2013.jpg  
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 10:06 AM   #15
Highschool_WJ
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugasouthernprid View Post
Fawkes makes a setup that has a reciever hitch along with the shackle tabs. They also sell a winch plate with the other end of the reciever so you could go that way
Highschool_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.