Factory Tow PAckage ...ANYONE? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Factory Tow PAckage ...ANYONE?

SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoFord Explorer 8.8 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit C Clip ElimStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 01-02-2011, 10:44 AM   #1
nor7cal7
2004 WJ 

Factory Tow PAckage ...ANYONE?

I have a valley tow package, aftermarket, i hate the way it looks. Sits too low, should have listened. Does anyone know where i can find a factory one for a decent price. No JY around here has any ive been looking for months. please email me at bdrullman@gmail.com or does anyone have a a rear tow hook for sale? or a tow package? im willing to pay shipping for a good price. anyone help out a fellow "newbie" jeeper.

PS reason i posted here was because i cannot post in want ads i guess, not enough posts.

Unread 01-02-2011, 11:09 AM   #2
jemrey81

Have you tried J&W Auto Wreckers? They are Jeep only and are about 8 minutes away from me (in Roseville, CA). They seem to be good guys with fair prices.

Check them out
jemrey81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2011, 12:07 PM   #3
nor7cal7
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemrey81 View Post
Have you tried J&W Auto Wreckers? They are Jeep only and are about 8 minutes away from me (in Roseville, CA). They seem to be good guys with fair prices.

Check them out
Thank you for the info.. greatly appreciated
Unread 01-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #4
lipripper
2001 WJ 

check out uhaul on the web, they have nice tow kits that tuck under the rear bumper, and I'm sure will ship for free to a local uhaul lot. My WJ came stock with a tow kit, but my last tacoma tow hitch kit was purchased from uhaul for under $250.
lipripper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2011, 09:14 PM   #5
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipripper View Post
check out uhaul on the web, they have nice tow kits that tuck under the rear bumper, and I'm sure will ship for free to a local uhaul lot. My WJ came stock with a tow kit, but my last tacoma tow hitch kit was purchased from uhaul for under $250.
The u-haul ones sit BELOW the bumper on a WJ just like EVERY other aftermarket one. Do it right, do the factory one. The template for the bumper cut-out is already part of every bumper.

narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2011, 09:59 PM   #6
nor7cal7
2004 WJ 

Alright, well i already had a valley hitch on my wj, i just hated how low it was. I cant find a used tow package that was oem, within 25 miles of me. So i finally said screw it, i cut 4 inches out of my valley hitch on each side, and a little weld and fab work and vola! Tow package is in the bumper, cut the factory hole out of the bumper. I just need to get a bezel and a wiring harness and im set. Actually doesn't look too shabby and is strong as an ox. thanks for the help guys.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.