Factory fog lights - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Factory fog lights

Advance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 08-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #76
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Glad you guys figured it out. My WJ wiring is different that yours, shanezoid. Must be another difference in the '02 - '04 electrical schematics. Congrats on the fogs, they don't do much of anything, but they do make the Jeep look a lot better.

PSA - It would be nice if people made an attempt while typing to discuss their problems or opinions instead of one long sentence with no punctuation. Maybe I'm cynical, but that really pisses me off. Rant over.

"It's like saying I had a car I got that was painted by the previous owner. I had an accident so painting a car is unsafe." - cykaaro
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #77
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Change the bulbs to 9005's and they're much better. 25w bulbs I've always found useless.

As for the wire, I'd remove it like it says than just splicing into it, as you're now feeding power into it and you don't know where the power goes to. Just gives piece of mind that it's not going to cause an issue some where.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 10:26 PM   #78
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

Just get those bulbs at the local parts store?
shanezoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 10:30 PM   #79
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cykaaro View Post
Change the bulbs to 9005's and they're much better. 25w bulbs I've always found useless.

As for the wire, I'd remove it like it says than just splicing into it, as you're now feeding power into it and you don't know where the power goes to. Just gives piece of mind that it's not going to cause an issue some where.
I have them in there already. They still are useless. Maybe I don't have them positioned correctly... ?
PSA - It would be nice if people made an attempt while typing to discuss their problems or opinions instead of one long sentence with no punctuation. Maybe I'm cynical, but that really pisses me off. Rant over.

"It's like saying I had a car I got that was painted by the previous owner. I had an accident so painting a car is unsafe." - cykaaro
Unread 08-18-2013, 10:31 PM   #80
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanezoid View Post
Just get those bulbs at the local parts store?
Yeah, they're headlight bulbs. Cheap, too.

Unread 08-19-2013, 12:21 AM   #81
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

They light up low and in front of the jeep. I notice it as with the retrofit, it's designed that it doesn't illuminate right in front of the vehicle until several feet out, and they fill in that and then some as they are lower to the ground than regular driving lights, not like a driving light. This will of course be different with halogen stock lights and blend together more. Still have to put my foglight retrofit in, so will see what difference it makes. As well, using 3000k bulbs for them.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2014, 07:28 PM   #82
rsmith0801
1999 WJ 

Ok, just my 2 pennies. I wanted factory fogs real bad but could not find the oem kit anywhere. I opted for an ebay set that are round led's that are incased in black molding that fits in the factory spots as a factory replacement. All I did to get mine to work was install the headlight/blinker switch with fog switch non auto. I did not care to have the auto headlight feature. I installed the relay for the fogs and tested my factory connection, hidden up front by the frame and voila, they work. I did not have to mess with any blue wires or splice connections or anything.
rsmith0801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2014, 05:52 PM   #83
CHULOGORDO82
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmith0801 View Post
Ok, just my 2 pennies. I wanted factory fogs real bad but could not find the oem kit anywhere. I opted for an ebay set that are round led's that are incased in black molding that fits in the factory spots as a factory replacement. All I did to get mine to work was install the headlight/blinker switch with fog switch non auto. I did not care to have the auto headlight feature. I installed the relay for the fogs and tested my factory connection, hidden up front by the frame and voila, they work. I did not have to mess with any blue wires or splice connections or anything.
Where is the factory location .. I am wanting to do this as well

Sent from 36000ft crusing at .84Mach using ACARS
Unread 07-06-2014, 09:57 AM   #84
rsmith0801
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHULOGORDO82 View Post

Where is the factory location .. I am wanting to do this as well

Sent from 36000ft crusing at .84Mach using ACARS

Read the first few pages of the thread and it explains everything with pics and diagrams. Thats easier than me trying to explain it. I located the wires, plugged the new headlight switch in, installed the relay and everything worked, I have power to the lights.
rsmith0801 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.