Factory fog lights - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Factory fog lights

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #61
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

I'd have to see pics so I know what yoiure looking at. Not sure about by the headlight, althiugh on an I4 there's a connector that isn't bused.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #62
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

When it leaves the junction box/fuse box does it go to the on under the kick panel or straight to the firewall. All that is wrapped really well I guess I will have to unwrap it. Thanks Shane.
shanezoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #63
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

Am I trying to find the wire coming out of the junction in the back or the fuse part at the bottom??
Unread 08-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #64
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

Comes out of the junction box and goes into the top junction plug behind the drivers kick panel. Where from there and ideas??
Unread 08-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #65
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

I have it coming in but I cant find it coming out. Does the color change I dont want to stick every wire and cant locate this on a diagram??
Unread 08-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #66
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Look at the fog light install pdf. Allit shoes is running the wire from the foglight harness, through the firwall and plug it into that pin at the junction box. That's it. The ground goes to the existing geouind piing on the side of the engine bay where there is already a grounding piint.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
Unread 08-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #67
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

Just found it and those instructions I have looked at 100 times are not correct. It leaves there and goes to the junction behind the drivers kick panel. Then it goes to the field or the lights. I have nothing leaving there. So tomorrow I will go the the junkyard and get that wire and pin, install it and splice and go to my lights. Thanks for all your help. Shane.
Unread 08-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #68
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

I remember it showed that the exisitng wire for that pin gets removed and from the new harness the wire goes through the firewall to that pin

That would lead me believe, once you have the lights cotrol stalk put into place, and the auto sensor in, when your lights are on, when you turn the fogs on, iy should give you power to that pin. So are you saying that that pin is not being powered at all?

Unread 08-17-2013, 04:31 PM   #69
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

If you are refering to the pic # 26 in thoses instructions I am saying that my jeep has this but it leaves here and goes to the two plugs under the drivers kick panel. The blue wire goes in and doesn't come out. When I take the connector off I find the power on pin 5 and nothing comming out going to the engine compartment. Does that make any sense.
Unread 08-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #70
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Home so I can see the pdf now. Yes, pic#26 is what I'm refering to. Not sure what you mean by 'it leaves here and goes to the two plugs under the drivers kick panel'. Also, nothing says it has anything to do with pin5.

The instructions show the harness your adding (which you'll need to make) It shows where it goes to the ground (side where a ground point already exists) and a wire to put through the firewall into the drivers foot well, which is the LB wire. The LB wire is then put it in the pin3 location. (the wire that was there is taken out and taped off). This appears to be the power wire to the fogs to complete the circuit, as you have the ground already in the engine bay.

From what the instructions show, much of the wiring is already there. They're connected by way of putting in the light controller stalk, photosensor, and relay. They then can send power, when switched on, to the fog lights, from what they show. The switched power goes through via that pin3, through the firewall to the fogs from the look of it.

Unread 08-17-2013, 08:47 PM   #71
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Posted this in the other thread, but think it's a good idea to do it here as well for anyone else who find this helpful.

Removed my lower dash panel to take a look at mine to see exactly what everything looks like.

As you can see, the third pin that you're supposed to take out of the junction box and tape it off is light blue. This is supposed to be replaced by the lightblue wire you brought through the firewall from the fogllight harness. Of course, making your own, you can use whatever colour you choose.

What I'm wondering is the lightblue one that you're supposed to pull out, maybe this is exactly what it is for, but since fogs lights aren't in by factory and don't have the connectors, maybe it terminates somewhere, and is why it needs to be changed out.

Unread 08-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #72
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

If you follow that blue wire it goes to two other connectors behind the drivers kick panel at the hood release handle. My blue wire comes in and no pin coming out and from what I can tell from there it would leave and go to the engine bay. My test light works the same in both places when I test for power.
Unread 08-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #73
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

But pulling that wire out and connecting there would be probably the easiest way. I just wanted to see where it went to. I would think that a vehicle with factory fogs would leave from the kick panel connector to go to the fogs.
Unread 08-18-2013, 08:54 AM   #74
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

I'd figure it uses that wire done factory, and routes through somewhere but if you don't have fogs and the connectors, who knows where it actually ends in the harness. Figure that's why they wire it at that connector. Easiest to do there and run through the firewall. I remember way back my g/f was wanting them but the dealership talked her out of it saying how much to work it was and had to take the dash apart to do. Also it would cost $500 just in labour to do it. That's insane. I think they just didn't want to do it.

Unread 08-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #75
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

Install complete. I followed the wire to that connector and cut it and just spliced onto it instead of taking the pin out of the connector. Thanks for all the help and maybe this will help someone in the 1 per cent who dont have factory wiring.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.