Factory fog lights - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Factory fog lights

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread 08-13-2013, 11:02 PM   #46
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanezoid View Post
Auto headlights work!! Mine stay on for 1.5 minutes is that right?
Ok, there are two different things at play. One will keep your headlights on for a set period of time after you turn the jeep off. This is set by the EVIC.

Auto lights, which mine has (again part of the upgraded package of my laredo) which is, you leave the stalk turned to auto all the time. Basically it adds in a photoreceptor to tell when it's too dark (turns the lights on) and too light (turns them off) another setting in the EVIC is having the lights come on with the wipers. I have retrofitted HID's so I turn that off as it really messes with them.

If you start the jeep, and it's dark out, the lights should automatically come on. you don't need to turn them on at all. I leave mine in auto mode all the time.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 11:23 PM   #47
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

Yes and mine came on when I started it. Thanks.
shanezoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 11:28 PM   #48
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Sweet! One done done and out of the way.

Next I'd figure out what junction block it shows and locate it under the dash. Once there, you'll know the wire you will need to add for the fogs. Maybe need to hunt down a wiring diagram for it to locate the junction block and pin numbers. Should look similar to what they illustrate. One you find that, the rest should fall into place. It only shows really adding a ground and that line wire, so maybe that's all that needs to be added for the fogs to work properly.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
Unread 08-13-2013, 11:43 PM   #49
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

Thanks I'm looking but coming up empty right now.
Unread 08-13-2013, 11:46 PM   #50
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

You basically need a FSM wiring schematic which will show you pins, wire colours, and location of the junction.

Unread 08-14-2013, 09:40 AM   #51
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

Any help on the wiring schematic would be greatly appreciated!!
Unread 08-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #52
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanezoid View Post
Any help on the wiring schematic would be greatly appreciated!!
What, schematic, exactly, do you need? Left fog light, right fog light, auto headlamp light sensor, fog lamp relay?

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
image-1425108057.jpg

rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #53
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Just looking at the install PDF. First question I'd want to figure out, is how many wires are in the harness that comes with the add on kit? The diagrams only show two connectors under panel #23. There are two junction blocks. It appears it's the one on the left you want, from the look of the illustration? It shows they're located against the firewall on the drivers side above the brake pedal. The junction block you want is labeled in the illustration as "C1/RB" (C1 right block possibly?). As show, it says to remove the existing wire at pin#3 position carefully out and tape it up as shown (use the pin tool to remove the pin) and then from the new harness, plug in the LB (light blue) wire into pin number three position. and put the junction block back together.

This is why I'm wondering if it's only a two wire harness for the fogs from that pin. It only shows changing that pin, and adding the ground to the existing grounds on the side of the engine bay as shown. If this is true, then it would be very easy to get the proper connectors for the fog lights, and make your own harness. It doesn't show any other wiring as being needed at all.

What I find interesting is in diagram #8 it actually shows a stock fog light connector. It's there, but they don't use it at all when putting in the upgrade kit. Interesting.....

Unread 08-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #54
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

Going to try tomorrow to see if i have power on that pin and run some wire!!
Unread 08-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #55
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

I hope there's power there for you. I'm still surprised that you don't have the fog light harness behind your front bumper cover. My WJ came with zero options (except SelecTrac), not even the release button for the center console lid, and I still had the fog light harness there as well as the heated seat switch harness for both seats. I've added a bunch of things to make it more like the elusive "Laredo F Group Package" over the years. I still have some more things to upgrade, though. Good luck.
PSA - It would be nice if people made an attempt while typing to discuss their problems or opinions instead of one long sentence with no punctuation. Maybe I'm cynical, but that really pisses me off. Rant over.

"It's like saying I had a car I got that was painted by the previous owner. I had an accident so painting a car is unsafe." - cykaaro
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #56
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

I just found that the wiring in the junction box at the left firewall is there. Pin 3 when I install the relay comes on and off when I cut on the fogs but where in the hell does that wire go from there. If I can find it I can have this mastered in minutes. Help Please. Having to work in and out of the rain also which sucks!!
Unread 08-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #57
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

That wire runs through the firewall to power the fogs. Long the side in the engine bay you'll see where your ground rins from.

Unread 08-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #58
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

Yes its suppose to but I dont see it in the engine bay. I wonder if its terminated under the dash?
Unread 08-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #59
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

Right beside the drivers headlight plug is a sensor or something. What is that? My fog light wire under the steering wheel is blue so Im looking for a blue wire in the engine compartment. I have one going to this sensor Im talking about??
Unread 08-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #60
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Well, from the diagram oif the installing the fogs it shows the wire runs from the junctuon box, through the firewall to the fogs.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.