Factory fog lights - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Factory fog lights

Disc Brake Kits from ECGSECGS JK Dana 60 Bolt In Rear DiffGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 08-13-2013, 05:44 PM   #31
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
The OEM fog light wiring harnesses should be clipped into plastic termination plugs mounted under the urethane bumper skin on either side of frame/chassis forward of the front fenders. All WJ's have them. My '02 WJ came w/OEM fogs and auto headlights but also had the termination plastic plugs mounted into the frame just like non fog light equipped WJ's. These were not used as the harness's were plugged into the working fogs.

Look for a two wire male fog light plug inserted into a plastic termination receptacle that is mounted into the frame/chassis that goes nowhere.
I've seen a lot like this, but again, I've seen some that don't. If it does, a lot of the wiring should be there.

This is what you should use to help you install them after the fact, and shows you all componenets you need to add etc. From what they show, it's pretty simplistic to add it in. I remember though the dealership wanted to charge $500 labour. More like the just didn't want to do it. If I'd known about this when we did my g/f's I would have done it this way for her. C'est la vie.

http://www.wjjeeps.com/misc/fog_install.pdf

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #32
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

The one's I saw today in the junkyard had the plugs on the side plugged into a dummy plug. Mine are not there and they are nowhere to be found. I also saw one in the junkyard that was like mine and didn't have the plugs either.
shanezoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #33
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

That kit is not offered anymore and I tried for over and hour today to find it somewhere with no luck but thanks. Shane.
Unread 08-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #34
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99WJ539918 View Post

I didn't need to trim mine either.
I did this under the car, with my hand stuck through the wheel well rubber, trying to see, from below, if it would go in. I could probably get it to go in if I removed the fog light.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #35
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

I just found this pic on here and mine doesn't have these.
2012-03-19-2018_38_05.jpg

Unread 08-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #36
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanezoid View Post
That kit is not offered anymore and I tried for over and hour today to find it somewhere with no luck but thanks. Shane.
True, and not surpeised, but if you use the pdf to show you what parts to grab, and make your own wiring harness imilar to how it shows, you should be able to get it running like it was factory insalled. It gies you all the parts you need to pull. Just the harness yoiu will have to figure out but it looks like it would be doable easy enough.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
Unread 08-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #37
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

I have everything but the wiring. I also just looked and I dont have the wiring for the auto headlight sensor. I have all of that the stalk sensor relay everything. WTF!! Thanks Shane.
Unread 08-13-2013, 09:37 PM   #38
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Do you have factory alarm? Light sensor is part of that unit. Also wondering if you have an evic or not?

Make sure there's not a plug hidden there sonewhere tucked underneath something. They like to wrap unused plugs in grey foam and hide them, sometimes tape them up a bit out of the way.

Unread 08-13-2013, 09:46 PM   #39
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

Just read that its behind the instrument cluster going to look now. What is evic? Also could I not splice into my low beams to power my fog lights and when I go to highs they would go off??
Unread 08-13-2013, 09:54 PM   #40
Knightrider9827
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanezoid View Post
Just read that its behind the instrument cluster going to look now. What is evic? Also could I not splice into my low beams to power my fog lights and when I go to highs they would go off??
EVIC = Electronic Vehicle Information Center
Knightrider9827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 09:56 PM   #41
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

They sometimes hide them well. For instance the auto dim rearview plug is up bot only behind the evic, buit behind the plastic above the headliner.

Evic is the overhead compouter unit with the map lights. Original there was a base model that didn't have it. Seems a lot of wiring the base models didn't have, where as the laredo/limited versions did. Mine is the upgraded 'F' package I believe its called so closer to a limited.

What all of it means, is a lot or wiring is there ev en if you don't have the part. Example is autodim rearview, fogs (some have) heated seat switvhes, etc.

Unread 08-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #42
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

Found the auto headlight wiring pulled it through and have the sensor hooked up. Fog light wiring I dont have. What about splicing into the low beams?
Unread 08-13-2013, 10:12 PM   #43
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

Also how do you know if you have the f package?
Unread 08-13-2013, 10:54 PM   #44
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

Auto headlights work!! Mine stay on for 1.5 minutes is that right?
Unread 08-13-2013, 10:57 PM   #45
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

From the look of the pdf, looks like it's a simple ground (connects to ones already there) and one wire you need to feed through the firewall and add into the junction box as shown. I'd look at it from there. If you can get an actual wiring diagram for it from a dealership even better!

Only now due to doing some reading. I have from factory things like autodim rearview mirror, heated side mirrors, power seats both driver and passenger, infinity sound system (deck has cassette/cd/eq) fog lights, home link, etc.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.