Evic says driver door is open when closed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Evic says driver door is open when closed

Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!

Unread 09-01-2014, 06:49 PM   #1
sheepdog918
2007 WK 

Evic says driver door is open when closed

Hey fellas, my girlfriends jeep Laredo has started a minor issue, when she gets in it and closes the door, it's not registering that the door is closed, the lights remain on, and the evic says it's open, the door is not open, after shutting/slamming it closed many many times it still won't read that it's closed, anybody else here have that problem? Any advice is great thanks.....

sheepdog918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2014, 08:43 PM   #2
ace4usmc
2004 WJ 

Sounds like one of the symptoms of a broken ground wire. Are there any issues like not being able to use the drivers for controls to lock the doors or control the windows? Either way, go ahead and pull back the rubber boot and look for any broken wires. Typically, it's the thick black ground wire. If you do a search for broken ground wire you should find a bunch of threads on it. If that's not it, though I haven't heard of it being an issue, I'd pull of the door panel and check the switch on the door latch that is what tells the WJ whether or not the door is closed.
ace4usmc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2014, 09:05 PM   #3
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

If it's not a wire then,
This \/

Sent from my iPad using Electrons
image-849901185.jpg

image-3860362617.jpg

rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2014, 01:02 AM   #4
sheepdog918
2007 WK 

No she can't use window controls or anything
Unread 09-02-2014, 09:28 AM   #5
wxmanWJ
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog918 View Post
No she can't use window controls or anything
Definitely a sign of broken wires in the door boot. Open the door and slide back the rubber boot after pulling it off of the door side molex connector. Even if the wires aren't cleanly broken through the insulation, the copper strands could be broken inside the insulation causing a short. Run your fingers along each wire and check for "bumps" indicating a kink in the copper inside. You'd be wise to disconnect your battery before doing this.
Unread 09-02-2014, 08:24 PM   #6
sheepdog918
2007 WK 

Alright man thanks I'll try it in the next couple of days and give an update on how it went, and I sure will, even though I love a good thrill! Lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.