Evap system leak! Can someone offer an oppinion. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Evap system leak! Can someone offer an oppinion.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-11-2013, 08:22 PM   #1
Jakers13
2002 WJ 

Evap system leak! Can someone offer an oppinion.

My 4.0 l6 wj is having both evap codes come up (0442 & 0455). Today i was feeling ambitious and decided to put more gas than usual in the tank. I filled up a bit above half a tank and drove. The check engine light went out...

On a side note what happened before this code started appearing was a car accident. Someone hit me right in the gas tank with his low rider. Because of this they had to replace my gas tank and part of exhaust past the catalytic converter. Ever since i got my car back its thrown this code.

Things ive done to try to fix it include:
Change gas cap and checked lines under the hood

Also i cant hear any major leaks coming from exhaust manifold area and so i think its in the gas tank.

Can someone help out?

Jakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 09:16 AM   #2
Angus3531
2004 WJ 

Did you check the condition of the charcoal canister , should be located driver side rear under the bumper cover. Any damage to those lines or the unit itself could be causing those codes
Angus3531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #3
Jakers13
2002 WJ 

I just checked and one of the hoses has a giant crack in it. Now i just need to figure out how to get it out. Thanks man! Also would this cause poor gas milage like a leak around the intake manifold would?
Jakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.