Engine swap? (input needed) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Engine swap? (input needed)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 09-25-2013, 11:15 PM   #16
BigEag205
2000 WJ 

On the other hand, if it has black interior and you part it out, you have a buyer for the drivers door panel if its in good shape

BigEag205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 03:24 AM   #17
Jer25
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEag205 View Post
A head swap that a buddy knows how to change not worth it?? If your buddy really does know what he's doing and you're truly "buddies", buy him a 24 pack, sit around, BS the night away at the cost of prob $200 (and the liquid encouragement of course ) and have ya a running jeep to drive/sell. running you could ask much more (depending on the shape of the rest of the jeep that is). Head swaps aren't that bad!
Yeah, I can pick up a used Cylinder head for ~$175-200. $25 for a new gasket.

FREE labor.

WJ runs well, new tires, new starter, newer brakes, newer plugs and wires, no dents, no rust, no rips/tears in the interior......
Pretty good shape considering the year and mileage. Only looking to get like $1,200-1,000 for it.

I think it's worth a shot.
Jer25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 03:25 AM   #18
Jer25
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEag205 View Post
On the other hand, if it has black interior and you part it out, you have a buyer for the drivers door panel if its in good shape
Sorry, grey, otherwise it would be yours.
Unread 09-26-2013, 08:52 AM   #19
jclaudii
1999 WJ 

Hey Jer, If you want...I believe you can do some "hacking" and make the xj cylinder head work in the WJ? When I say hack, I believe the bosses are there to drill and tap for the coil rail and the bosses are present for the front accessories. Just look at them side x side and see whats up. The other option I can think of is offer to trade the XJ for a WJ or TJ motor. They may just go for that.
jclaudii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #20
Jer25
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclaudii View Post
Hey Jer, If you want...I believe you can do some "hacking" and make the xj cylinder head work in the WJ? When I say hack, I believe the bosses are there to drill and tap for the coil rail and the bosses are present for the front accessories. Just look at them side x side and see whats up. The other option I can think of is offer to trade the XJ for a WJ or TJ motor. They may just go for that.
Thanks for the tip(s).

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.