engine running hot - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > engine running hot

Poison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 04-10-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

engine running hot

this past weekend i was out mudding, and got tons of mud on my radiator and the trans. cooler. started overheating but i got most of the mud off with water. when i got home i used a pressure washer from a car wash to get the left over mud out, but it still runs hot, although not as much. it's my dd and i have the heat on high to get to work and back. the temp. gauge runs at the 3/4 mark, 210 is the normal. it hasn't gone in the red though.

what are some things i can do or check do get it running normal again? do i need to flush the radiator? should i remove the radiator to make sure no mud is left in it? is that hard to do? i have the 4.0 engine. thanks.

4x4Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
rjrorrer
2000 WJ 

chances are the radiator fins could be clogged with mud. when I did mine i took the radiator out and used a small screw driver to "punch" the fins out. It would also be a good idea to replace your thermostat if you have not done so.

Tags
mud , overheating , radiator , running hot

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.