engine issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > engine issues

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-13-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
mick102288

engine issues

I recently was doing a coolant flush and during the coolant flush my jeep started acting funny and wouldn't circulate the coolant. I went ahead and changed the thermostat but that didn't solve the problem. So I changed my water pump and it fixed the problem. Well another problem happened. When the fan kicks on, the oil gauge goes crazy. It will go from normal to high to low, check gauge light comes on, then goes back to normal. I changed the oil sensor and problem still is going on. I also did an oil change thinking maybe that would help, but it didn't. I have no idea what is causing this and also when it does start to act funny, I shut the truck off and it won't turn back on for about 20 minutes. Could the oil be burning and if so what would cause it to get so hot. By the way, I have the v8 4.7 engine.

mick102288 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
berndog67
2003 WJ 

if the temp sensor is bad and telling the computer its too hot it would prevent it from starting, otherwise if you dont have any CEL's i would have at least a compression test or a leak down test done, that way u can find out if your having the 4.7 headgasket problems some of us have
2003 WJ Overland, 4.7HO, D30 & D44A (1 tons going in now!), RC Long Arm, lifted 4" Front 6" Rear, RC 2.2 4" Shocks, JKS track bar, custom hi-steer, 35" Procomp M/T's on JK rims, beefed up Overland rock rails, custom skids and dif gaurds, Rugged Ridge 8500 synthetic winch in custom hidden mount
berndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.